Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Nationals are D.C.’s favorite team, Post poll finds, as Redskins’ popularity plummets

Sticksboi05

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Wizards are just as bad?!  Look I realize the wizards aren’t contenders but lets not get carried away.  The Wizards have won a playoff series in three of the last six seasons.  The last time the redskins won a playoff game was 2005.  Back when the wizards were this:

The NBA is tough.  Most years theres only 2-3 teams that a shot at a title and everyone knows it.  Its really hard for anyone out of the top 3 seeds in the conference to even get to the Finals.   The Wizards have been kind of stuck in a "good but not great" mode for the past few years.  For some people, its title or bust and so I can see how that would not be enough for them.

Also this poll was D.C. only. I suspect if you included the suburbs the numbers would look worse for Snyder's organization.

I do believe the Skins still have the highest ceiling of any team in D.C. if they were good they'd be No. 1 but honestly short of another Gibbs-like run, I don't think they'd go back to what they were even if they settled into a stretch of 10-6 seasons losing in the divisional round regularly. There has absolutely been fairly permanent damage.

Who is even the Skins' most marketable player at this point?  Kerrigan?  😬

Doesn't really stack up all that well against Ovi (a sure thing first ballot HOFer, arguably the greatest player of his generation, and a remarkably likable guy) and Scherzer (a sure thing first ballot HOFer with 3 Cy Youngs and who works harder than everyone else despite having the biggest contract).

Archived