Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tre Johnson on the postgame

RDSKNfaithfull

Players do not want to come to Washington anymore. The Redskins used to be among the storied franchises guys use to want to play for, now players have the attitude you will have to give me a hell of a contract to go there. Dan has turned this into the Money team. No continuity, NO PLAN ,No pride, the list goes on. Any of us the avgerage fan could walk in there and run this team with little effort to take this franchise where its going. The only thing Dan has done is marketed this team brilliant. I admit though I will fall into his little trap and get my hopes up when he makes at first glance every "right move".

When the Skins fired Norv, everyone said no free agents or coaches would want to come here. They came.

When the Skins fired Marty, everyone said no free agents or coaches would want to come here. They came.

They came last year too.

They'll still come. Money talks, and Snyder pays up.

Coaches, just like players, realize there are only so many jobs in the NFL. Mooch went to Detroit. Tuna went to Dallas. Marvin went to Cincy. Lousy teams that had no trouble attracting top coaches.

Free agents are the same way. Did the Chargers have any problem snapping up the biggest free agent wide receiver? If you want 'em, just pay 'em.

Can you cite one example of a free agent who said "I won't play there even though they offer more money"? I can't think of any.

So is that why Tre signed a Minimum salary deal last offseason?

Darryl Russell has severeal suitors. Say what you want about this team but getting FAs is not it's problem.

But part of me thinks that a couple of FAs rejecting us would be good for Snyder. It would put him in his place and he may finally realize that he needs to but out.

Can you cite one example of a free agent who said "I won't play there even though they offer more money"? I can't think of any.

Yes, that TE that went from Carolina to GB accepting less $$$$ to play for GB (not that it really mattered). I can't remeber his name.

Originally posted by Craig

Players care more about $$$ than they do winning. IF Danny throws enough money at somebody, they will sign here.

One problem their is this thing called the Salary Cap. If you dont manage it well and throw money at every player comming off a probowl year you will have high turnover , no continuity and as skins fans know NO success.

Wesley Walls was cut by the Panthers after all his knee injuries. He did say he was playing for the "diamonds, not the dollars" meaning that at age 37 he really wanted the Superbowl ring. That worked out well.

He did turn down the Skins offer, which was for more guaranteed money, because he wanted to sign with a winner.

That's an unusual situation -- guy in the twilight of his career with no teams really interested in him. It wasn't exactly a bidding war.

When we are in the same boat franshise wise as the Cardinals or rhe Bengals, then Tre' Johnson might have a point.

I know the Bengals are 8-6 right now with a shot at the AFC North title, but this after 12 years of being at the bottom of the NFL barrel. And the Cardinals, well, they are the crud that is stuck to the bottom of the barrel.

When we are THAT bad, then I might agree with Tre'.

Sorry we are there with the cards and bengales. Since 93 we have more wins than only 4 teams. That my friend is the sign of a sad franchise

Wins since 1993, including this season. (2 games shy of 11 seasons):

49ers: 143

Packers: 115

Broncos: 106

Chiefs: 104

Dolphins: 103

Steelers: 103

Vikings: 100

Titans: 99

Patriots: 96

Eagles: 94

Cowboys: 94

Bills: 91

Buccanneers: 91

Raiders: 91

Giants: 89

Colts: 86

Rams: 86

Seahawks: 82

Jets: 81

Redskins: 74

Falcons: 74

Bears: 74

Lions: 74

Saints: 73

Chargers: 70

Cardinals: 63

Bengals: 55

Originally posted by TC4

When we are in the same boat franshise wise as the Cardinals or rhe Bengals, then Tre' Johnson might have a point.

I know the Bengals are 8-6 right now with a shot at the AFC North title, but this after 12 years of being at the bottom of the NFL barrel. And the Cardinals, well, they are the crud that is stuck to the bottom of the barrel.

When we are THAT bad, then I might agree with Tre'.

Such a high standard you hold for the Great Redskins:laugh:

Originally posted by StevieSuperior

Sorry we are there with the cards and bengales. Since 93 we have more wins than only 4 teams. That my friend is the sign of a sad franchise

Wins since 1993, including this season. (2 games shy of 11 seasons):

49ers: 143

Packers: 115

Broncos: 106

Chiefs: 104

Dolphins: 103

Steelers: 103

Vikings: 100

Titans: 99

Patriots: 96

Eagles: 94

Cowboys: 94

Bills: 91

Buccanneers: 91

Raiders: 91

Giants: 89

Colts: 86

Rams: 86

Seahawks: 82

Jets: 81

Redskins: 74

Falcons: 74

Bears: 74

Lions: 74

Saints: 73

Chargers: 70

Cardinals: 63

Bengals: 55

You know sometimes the truth hurts and looking at how we actually stack up against other franchises puts everything in perspective.....sniff...sniff... wwwe we aaactuallly sssssuck!!!:thud: ....that's a hard fact that can't be argued

Archived