Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins' Crystal Ball Says:

rayprils

How would you fix the Skins?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How would you fix the Skins?

• Major roster changes... bring in big name FAs on the DL, add a stud RB, TE, S
    • Major coaching changes... Fire Spurrier and bring in a disciplinarian with balls
    • Major FO changes... Fire Cerrato and hire a GM
    • All of the above
    • Stay the course... give Spurrier his 3 years and see if this team can put it together
    • Laugh all the way to the bank... this team stinks and you still can't keep retro jerseys in stock

The truth is written on the wall.

I hate to say this since, I've been a skins fan all my life and will be to my death, but, be prepared for several years of disaster with this team and how this organization(Danny Boy) operates. First of all, in order for the Redskins to win it's division next year, it would mean that you would have to see the Eagles and the Cowboys have a losing record. You know that's not going to happen. Cowboys are going to improve even better than this year. You have Parcell that has taken an untalented team and made achievers out of them. They will probably bring in some free agencies that will only improve. Eagles, I don't know if they will go down but, expect them to be up there in winning column unless they lose some key personal.

My sources say that Tom Coughlin is going to coach the Giants next year. Trouble number three for the Skins. I think Coughlin is a better coach than SS so, expect to have a losing season next year because how are we going to compete with our division(which we haven't), if you expect to get to the playoffs?? (Please tell me, convince me)

Just compare our talent to the Cowboys and we got creamed. You have a head coach (SS) that is supposed to be a good quarterback coach and an offensive mind and in this game our quarterback had a 0.0 ratings. What does that tell you?

I can't see us winning next year when our division is only going to get better. Think about it. I hope Danny boy is figuring this out and he needs to start by stepping aside and getting someone with experience in the NFL to take us to the next level. I personally will not support Danny boy with his revenue by buying his items till he gets his act straight. If you're smart, you would do the same. He has the highest generated revenue in the league and we have a terrible team. c'mon, that's a joke. We must have stupid fans that want to support this idiot(Danny boy).

Furthermore, the only reason why the players are trying to keep the coaching staff is because, they're very laid back and they don't work the players harder in practice. We need a coaching staff that's going to put these players' backs against wall, like Parcell, Belichik, and Shanahan. These players on this team have a laid back job, they're not scared at all.

Did you notice on the Cowboys' defense when they lined up, They were prepared(no shifting at all) and lined up before our offensive even broke out of the huddle. But, our defense if you noticed was so confused and they were shifting all over the place and they were not even lined up. Cowboys offensive could've have ran a quarterback sneak many times because, they lined up quicker than our defense. Just watch the films and you'll see. What a joke.

Every week you hear SS that we're going to prepare for this or that, and we all know the outcome of this. Bottom line; I will watch the games on TV but, I'm not going to support Danny boy on my expense.

your arguments and using parcells for comparison suggest coaching is our problem not danny, danny got some fine players for us....hell even tuna told his team on thursday that the skins have the most talented players in the nfc east.... so ease up on danny and toughen on coaches for not making them a cohesive unit.....and saying danny must step back like tuna did....well hell anyone would step back for tuna or lombardi cause they wouldn't come if you didn't give them total control.....danny tried to get beathard but he balked and tried wolf but wolf wants part ownership and so far no other team has parted with that for him so i don't think danny is being unreasonable with wolf

Originally posted by rayprils

I personally will not support Danny boy with his revenue by buying his items till he gets his act straight. If you're smart, you would do the same. He has the highest generated revenue in the league and we have a terrible team. c'mon, that's a joke. We must have stupid fans that want to support this idiot(Danny boy).

:laugh:

If you have enough money to buy his items then....you buy the team!

How much would you charge me for his jet?

If you're talking about Jersey's and shirts and video games and everything else with a Redskins logo on it, then you're out of your mind.

1. Synder doesn't own all that stuff.

2. How is not buying stuff going to make the players play better, or the coach coach better?

Snyder get a percentage of every item sold. Don't kid yourself.

Furthermore, you have to start at the top with this team. Danny boy is running this team as a business not, a football team. Ask anyone around the league, if they like him. I know the answer to this. Danny boy does not know how to win. Yeah, you'll say he went out to get the players but, the reality is, look at our record and our games. Enough said.

The reason why everyone balked on his offers to come to D.C, should give you some insight on how this guy operates. The only reason SS came is $$$$ and now he's realizing the disaster with this organization. Bottom line; you'll see next year when our division is only going to get harder and don't expect us to be up their unless, Snyder steps aside, hires a GM, and then gets rid of the coaching staff and pick up some experience coaches that will be available at end of the season. Mark my words, you'll see.

i think better staff is everything....not just a gm...all the jets we got were great pickups......."everyone balking" i said only beathard and he's just a consultant now maybe he didn't want full time job in the game anymore..... and when did it matter if someone liked you to be successful???? we arguably have better talent than last year and as tuna said maybe the nfc east....so if the players are there.....and somehow other coaches get more production from their players and team....how on earth is that danny's fault and not our coaching staff that spurrier put together???? i think some are just hateful of danny and thats fine...but it shouldn't taint the fact that our staff is less experienced in the nfl (in years) than he himself is......all rooks don't help....a rook HC and QB is enough....we need vet assts like we had in marvin and he had us top 5 d....granted we had DTs but still the reason all the LBs hated him was he didn't want freelancing....and this year all we hear is missed assignments...funny huh? we need a vet DC,OL coach(hoping grimm is back) ,ST coach, probably QB coach, DL coach.......if we had those it would affect our result quicker than a gm and don't get me wrong i've been calling for Ron Wolf for 3 years.....just sucks he wants part ownership.....and we did get a football guy in marty that blew up in our face and he lost our team and tried to bench Darrell Green,cut mitchell and centers (2 hall guys)...so Danny has tried what the media bashes him for and he himself drafted Ramsey and signed us Daryl G who ended up our D MVP...so danny isn't jed clampett like the media and many posters say he is. just my opinion.

Rabidfan,

You're opinion is heard. All I know is that the truth is written on the wall. Our division is going to get better and how are we going to win with this organization. If we don't move fast this year, then, we're toast, once again. Yes, I blame Snyder. He needs to get some experience person running the GM part that will draft and make achievers out of unknown names like how the Cowboys and Eagles have done. These big name free agencies are all a bust. Everyone in the league knows that if you want to get paid, go see Danny boy. This guy is a fan and has no clue in football. I'm not going to go further, you will see next year and I will tell you so, again. Unless, Snyder steps aside, hires a GM, and gets an experience coaching staff that's going to scare the **** of these low life players. The desire to win. Period. Go back to your archives on "Joe Gibbs"

the cowboys incline is due to parcells and his coaching and attitude.....its not like he's brought in 20+ players....he's stuck with his DC and most of the defense (which was great last year), stuck with Quincy, brought in Terry Glenn,Dan Campbell,Ryan Young(whose out injured) and richie anderson..... to me those aren't dramatic personnell changes...and his coaching style is to scare you straight to production....thats coaching....not management or at least what a normal GM would do....you cannot compare a coach lauded as a modern lombardi and a college coach....dallas shouldn't be in the comparison unless you are talking coaching alone.....like I said I want a GM too....just think the coaching has let us down this year more than the GM...

Bottom line: How are we going to beat our division teams? You tell me smart fellow. c'mon get real. The other teams(Eagles,Cowboys) are ascending, while, we are regressing.

You bring up parity with likes of teams you listed. Let's look at the Rams for example. The whole staff is from the Gibbs era. Their style is exact copy of Gibbs. This is what we need here. I don't think Danny boy (yes, I said it "Danny boy") knows how to make this happen. I'm not going to waist my time anymore with this subject.

Bottom line: look our division and think next year. Disaster once again. Unless, like I stated before about "Danny boy"

On a side note:

The Eagles are 22 million under the cap next year with most of their core players signed for years to come (excluding Taylor and Vincent). I know some of you will want to believe that those losses will "finally" be their undoing but isn't that rhetoric getting old and tired? IF the birds win the Super Bowl and maybe another in the next few years would you consider this team a dynasty? Impossible in todays NFL right?

Honestly, I don't know how Reid pulls it off every year. Trotter, Hugh blah blah blah. They still win and win big. If mr. Snyder has any "football" sense he'll stay the cours with Spurrier and stop playing Jerry Jones with personnel decisions. Just my :2cents: .

i thought i put the problem in quotes "waist" your time as you say...... i don't what we'll be next year as much as you don't but I think most of the miscues, missed assignments,false starts, all were due to coaching as well as how dallas has become a disciplined team that makes less mistakes and beats the teams they are supposed to beat.....thats all coaching to me and not Tuna the gm....we'll see tuna's real GM skills this coming offseason and I'm sure they will be great....but noone ever thought Spurrier would be the next Tuna anyway

Originally posted by KC'Dave

First of all, that Eaglettes have, in their last nine games have 7 wins against the Giants, Jets, Falcons, Packers, Giants (again), Saints, and Dolphins. They will not enjoy such a beatable schedule next year.

The Eagles are the real threat, but in the parity strapped NFL, nothing about this year forecasts the next. Where are the mighty Super Champs of Tampa Bay? Struggling. Where are the once powerful Ravens, struggling. The amazing St. Louis Rams?

Oh please. 5/9 of the Eagles games on their winning streak have been versus teams with .500 or better records, and the Jets game was when Pennington returned.

I agree with your TB reference, but the others hold no water. The Ravens overhauled their team, and only now is the D returning to its former stature. The Rams are 11-3, so I'm not sure what that was in reference to.

Sure, nothing is guaranteed now in the NFL, but some teams have certainly handled parity better than others.

Archived