Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT:Bailey gives hint he is considering free agency

TK

Gambreaker,

Since when did Toomer become an elite receiver in the Moss, Owens, Harrison mold?

Yeah...maybe "marginal" isn't the best word.. but average might be more fitting. Toomer doesn't have big days against everyone, but he surely doesn't have a problem scoring on the Redskins. Smith in Carolina is emerging as a receiving threat.... but he's not Harrison yet. Galloway has beaten Champ for big gains, or was it Rocket who caught a bomb down the sidelines over top of Bailey last year when we had scratched back to within striking distance of the Cowboys.

Finally, I didn't say he acted like Deion... just that he's beginning to talk like him. Talking about himself being a shutdown corner, best in the league... paid like the best. Does that not sound like Deion? I surely don't remember Green talking like that.

Originally posted by Gamebreaker

Furthermore, how could you blame him for feeling the way he does? He's been on one playoff team since being here. Nobody blamed Takeo Spikes for wanting out of Cincy when they were losing, why is Champ any different?

Also, a "no comment" does prove anything. I swear if this guy didn't respond to reporters at all, some of you people would still make up some bullsh!t and act like it came right from his mouth. We don't know how he feels, but if he does want to leave nobody should blame him when this team has very little direction.

It's just a coincidence, but you notice how Cincy started winning right after Spikes left? Very, very, very few players are irreplacable on a football team, and Champ ain't one of them. I'm not sure the Redskins have any, though I would really hate to lose Ramsey or Coles.

I can't recall the last time a "no comment" was used in anything other than a "If I talk, I'm only going to say negative things" vein. There are things Champ could have said all season long in regards to the contract, but he chose not to. A simple "My representatives and the Redskins are handling that, and if there is anything to report, you all will be the first to know, I'm sure. That's all I'm going to say about it." He doesn't even have to mouth platitudes about wanting to be here - no one believes that matters anyway. Instead, he's pretty much been pissing and moaning (you, of course, can call it something else) about it all season.

It's tiresome, and his play on the field hasn't been of a caliber that would make me feel like I have to just grin and bear it.

You want out of here? Fine, something will be worked out. That would be my attitude if I were on the Redskins side.

Originally posted by La muerte de Bufford

I'd send Champ to Detroit for their 2 1st rounders.

You may just be talking abstractly, but Champ's wife is from Detroit and his brother Boss is a starting LB there. It should merit more consideration than we are giving! IMO

PS. The Lion D-Coordinator is none other than former Skins D-coordinator K. Schottenheimer.

Things to think about?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cskin

Gambreaker,

Since when did Toomer become an elite receiver in the Moss, Owens, Harrison mold?

Yeah...maybe "marginal" isn't the best word.. but average might be more fitting. Toomer doesn't have big days against everyone, but he surely doesn't have a problem scoring on the Redskins. Smith in Carolina is emerging as a receiving threat.... but he's not Harrison yet. Galloway has beaten Champ for big gains, or was it Rocket who caught a bomb down the sidelines over top of Bailey last year when we had scratched back to within striking distance of the Cowboys.

Finally, I didn't say he acted like Deion... just that he's beginning to talk like him. Talking about himself being a shutdown corner, best in the league... paid like the best. Does that not sound like Deion? I surely don't remember Green talking like that.

How do you go from marginal to elite? Shouldn't there be some categories in-between? Toomer is definitely one of those recievers who puts up Pro Bowl numbers, yet doesn't make it for some reason. He isn't marginal or average by any means.

Steve Smith doesn't have to be Harrison to make an amazing catch every now and then, which is basically what he did aganist Champ. He was shut down for almost until the entire game until the fourth quarter, yet people act like Smith ran up around 150 yards on him. That wasn't Galloway, that was Ismail. Galloway has never played well aganist Champ, and the only time he really hurt the Skins was on a play last season when the Skins were playing zone and Terrell blew his coverage.

The difference between Champ saying he's the best in the league, and when Deion said it, is Champ is only saying it to let people know he wants to be paid what he's worth. No one heard Champ talking like this until his contract came into the picture, for his other previous seasons he in no way promoted himself. Deion used to call himself the best all the time, contract season or not. I bet even retired, he still thinks he's the best corner in the league. When Champ goes around dancing every time he deflects a pass, or catches an INT, than you can call him Deion.

You know, I do recall Darrell Green telling a reporter "no comment" once. It wasn't a big deal then, and it shouldn't be a big deal now.

Archived