Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The most important stat in the game

jbooma

Originally posted by jbooma

This was Tim's qb rating.

So I want all of you to tell me one QB that has ever won a game with a 0 rating?

Please I am waiting, still waiting.

No one. The question though is why is it 0?

Why did it seem they were on all of our routes? Why did Coles comment that they were all over our routes? Why was it impossible to run something other than a slant? Your inability to recognize what happened out there is your problem, JB. Don't let the rest of us know about it. :).

Originally posted by Art

No one. The question though is why is it 0?

Why did it seem they were on all of our routes? Why did Coles comment that they were all over our routes? Why was it impossible to run something other than a slant? Your inability to recognize what happened out there is your problem, JB. Don't let the rest of us know about it. :).

Maybe Tim was just comfortable with the route?? I don't know. But out of his 26 throws only 6 were good. He was off all afternoon. They picked off one pass on the slant. That is because our WR's didn't run hard on the breaks. The line was not able to block their base DL. We had to throw short passes because that is all he had time for. When he connected deap we fumbled or dropped them. He was trying to throw the ball behind the WR but the problem is Dallas has a good secondary, Giants do not.

JB,

No doubt he's comfortable with that route. Every QB in the league is comfortable with throwing the ball five yards. The number of batted balls and number of jumped routes tells you all you need to know about the preparation of the Cowboys versus the preparation of the Redskins.

The line was, absolutely, able to block their base DL. They got one sack of coverage variety, and they otherwise touchded Hasselbeck about twice. They had SOME push, but that's going to happen in every game. We didn't drop anything. We did fumble one.

The problem, JB, is that we are unable to exploit anything on anyone. And that's fundamentally a coaching issue. A correctable one you'd imagine. But you can't escape the breathtaking difference between us and the opposition.

Obviously, we've also got some injuries so we're going to be a little less spunky than we'd like. Still, as long as Spurrier doesn't recognize what everyone else does, we're going to have a lot of difficulty winning on a regular basis. And what everyone else recognizes is this offense is COMPLETELY penetrated in terms of opposition game planning.

Where Gruden can run 15 guys around every play and create SOMETHING in a matchup we don't even have that. Until Spurrier creates something by design when things aren't going well we'll never be as good as most of the teams we play.

Archived