Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody know why Lavar hasn't signed with the NFLPA on liscensed merchandise?

11Arrington56

I've always known he originally said he wouldn't and hasn't since, but what is the point. I understand it is unfair to the guys who are real marketable to be getting the same as joe shmo, but some is better than none, right?

I wish Snyder could twist his arm on this. He'd be incredibly marketable. Heck, Lavar is the guy on the envelope that begs people to send in their deposit for season tickets.

I also heard Bonds was opting out of the MLBPA agreement.

What do these guys gain? Has Lavar ever expanded on why he doesn't?

He's never really said. There was a report that he wanted more than the normal payment. There was also a report that he didn't sign because stuff was released before signed and that ticked him off. I also heard that he hasn't signed because his father told him never to sign away his name - or something like that.

All Too True...I got my LaVar jersey after his first year with teh Skins off of eBay...don't know how it got made, but it is the sh!t!! I think that LaVar would bank off of getting in the agreement...he is teh most marketable guy on the team, and everyone would buy his sh!t...

Unlike the NBA where players get shoe contracts and other endorsements, the NFL is not really like that. I guess you could market a player but when you buy that Michael Vick Jersey, that money is getting split up by the owners.

Players in the NFL don't have so many lucrative endorsements, it goes more to the team, merchandise wise. So I can understand why he wouldn't sign his name away.

Sapp talked on this the other day on some interview. He is kind of right, can't believe I'm saying that. If the NBA players can do it why not the NFL? NBA Markets it's players, NFL markets it's teams. Wilbon wrote an article on this.

Archived