Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D Mccants...Still no respect

Fan4life

Is it me or D Mccants never get any respect.

I've been watching him. And even against starting DB or safeties.

He is getting wide open. And I really think people just dont believe he is fast enough. He's doesnt run 4.2 but did run high 4.3 and 4.4sec. With his 6-4 body he just looks slow. But the guy can fly. I dont think we can loose this guy. He could be the next Mccardell. if you all remember that. He has 700rec now..not too shabby.

Thoughts?

I changed my mine on him when I saw him turn the jets on for an overthrown ball from Ramsey a few weeks ago. He was double covered, and Ramsey should have looked somewhere else, but when McCants saw the ball in the air over his shoulder he went from being a half yard behind (and in between) two defenders to a yard in front of them in two or three strides. The guy has top end speed, but it takes a while for his big frame to get going.

I'm on record for trading Gardner for a low #1 or #2 and signing McCants to a long term deal as the Redskins #2 receiver.

HELL yes...thank you!

I have wonder why we even pick up a WR in the draft.

I m sure TJ will be good in yrs to come. But look at what you get with Mccants. Damn decent hands. Maybe a not sooo $$$ contract extension. And also watch out..if this guy ever gets a chance to be a starter. He will post good #s. Look at him now, better then most 3rd WR. and many times he is double team as mention and also covered by the starting DBs.

He reminds me alot of Art Monk with a bit more speed. As for Gardner. I would like to keep him. He brings another big WR. So we can use him and DM with Coles again. That would be something after 2yrs playing together. Thats how the Posse became a decent trio. Their #s got sooo much better after their 2nd year together.

I know this is a McCants discussion but a lot of people seem to think we can replace Gardner. I think we can but I think that all depends on Jacobs, not DMac.

I think with Coles, McCants, and Jacobs (if he performs well) is a good corp of WRs. I think that just Coles and McCants with no one else as a threat doesn't cut it. Therefore, we need that third guy to step in and produce the way DMac has for Gardner to become expendable IMO.

Season Stats from Yahoo FF Leauge

Gardner - 10 passing yards - 1 passing TD - 543 Rec. yards - 5 Rec. TD - 0 2point conversion - 0 fumbles

McCants - 301 Rec. yards - 6 Rec. TD - 2 two point conversions - 0 fumbles

Coles - 40 rush yads - 1023 Rec. yards - 4 Rec. TD - 0 two point conversion - 0 fumbles

Archived