Extremeskins

Vick trade for Ramsey, Gardner, Arrington

BD

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/hays/031211.html

Now, this is some serious trade talk

By Graham Hays

Page 2 staff

Michael Vick for Patrick Ramsey, Rod Gardner and Lavar Arrington

The NFL needs some excitement. In a world where parity runs amok and there's a real threat of Trent Green squaring off against Matt Hasselbeck in the Super Bowl, pro football fans need something besides point spreads and fantasy leagues to captivate them. Our answer? Steve Spurrier calling plays for Michael Vick. Sure, the Falcons will be a little loathe to trade away the league's most marketable commodity, but they've got to be concerned about his durability, and the prospect of Atlanta's new Daniel Snyder Field ought to seal the deal.

And with Spurrier calling pass plays where Vick throws deep posts to himself and double-reverses to the quarterback, we'll have a reason to stay up late on Monday nights. Besides Lisa Guerrero, of course.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's Michael Vick. Of course he could do it, but to do so would make his teammates look foolish and unnecessary.

For my own part, I have conversations with my friends that go along the lines of those old SNL Bears fan skits.

"Vick vs. The Bears!" "Vick!"

"Vick vs. The Armies of Saddam Hussein!" "Vick!"

"Vick vs. The Atlanta Falcons... and Vick!" "oooo, toughie..."

Originally posted by Bufford The Sheep

how about Gardner and Morton for Randel El?

Are you crazy Buff??

2 guys for one is stupid, espicially if our WR is better then theirs. Randel El is nice but Gardner is the better WR. I would argue that Randle El is above Morton though. 2 guys are always better then 1 though because of injuries.

I don't think Randel El has had the opportunity to really show his stuff yet, playing behind Ward and Burress.

I'm not fond of Morton at tailback, and RE is just as good of a returner, so no problem. Also, we have 3 other solid receivers on the roster, so it's not too big of a risk.

IMO, he has the potential to be a great receiver, and since the risk is low, I'd take the chance.

Archived