Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT/Jansen:Compromise key to team's success

TK

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Hmmm... nothing about him having his ASS handed to him on a platter for most of the game. Guess he must have forgotten that little fact.

:mad:

Because that didn't happen. Again, many times when Strahan got in the backfield it was because the TE was left to block Strahan with Jansen blocking in on a DT. This was the same blocking scheme we have been seeing all year.

Jansen did get beat a couple of times but seemed to play a decent game. You can't expect him to dominate a player like Strahan for 60 minutes.

Originally posted by The Wicked Wop

Posse, on the 3rd and 2 play, Straham completely abused Jansen and threw him to the ground and made the tackle forcing us to punt. I think in the past he has handled Strahan pretty well, but Sunday was a diferent story.

Right. I remember that play. They both had thier good plays. There just seems to be a lot of Jansen bashing and I'm not sure why. He struggled early and has since settled down and had a solid year. He really hasn't done much wrong from what I can tell. He got heated on the sidelines a few times. It happens all the time.

Again, LA has done it too but people seem to forgive him a lot easier than Jansen.

I don't think people necessarily had problems with him asking questions about playcalling. I think it was the forum he chose to ask them.

He chose to complain through the media, and apparently he believes he needs to to do that. Which also means he thinks it's okay for other players should do the same thing.

I can't agree with that.

Fact is, if you want to complain to the media about how someone is doing thier job, you better be doing yours.

Jansen got destroyed by strahan on a third and 2, when the coach made the kinds of calls that jansen was asking for. Jansen failed to do his job, so if he complains to the media about spurrier doing his, he deserves everything he gets.

-DB

The midgets defense isnt weak and strahan does that year in year out.

Get over the nonsense that skins players are supposed to win 100% of the battles against the league's premiere players.

And he is right there are games lost this year and last because we didnt run the damn ball.

The yardage can be misleading when running the ball but the number of plays arent since thats what dictates time of possession.

Originally posted by Cleotis

do you or jansen honestly think we could make it into the playoffs running 48times vs 19 passes? will we even have any running backs left by midseason?

Do you think maybe the weather conditions had anything to do with the 48 running plays? No one is suggesting we do that all the time.

In fact, screw "balance." Everyone keeps talking about "balance." For all I care, we could throw the ball 50 times a game. But if you're in the 4th quarter and you have a small lead, you HAVE to be able to run the ball and keep it out of the other team's hands. It's as simple as that.

Archived