Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baileys Future?

tkatz

My question is what do you think CB Champ Baileys future with the team is?

I cannot believe that Dan Snyder would allow the best cornerback in the NFL to leave via free agency but you never know. He is going to demand a signing bonus of at least 13million or more (matching Ty Law's). I think it is imperative you resign him b/c he is not only a great corner but also a true Redskin. He doesnt complain, plays injured, isnt afraid to come up and tackle backs, and also is well liked by his teammates.

His tenure with the team is in doubt though. If a contract cannot be reached with him I know that we will throw some kind of "tag" on him which would enable us to get two first rounders, but do you think it is worth it?

Champ's future with the team is up to Champ in many ways. Continue to play hard, work through injuries, and gain back that little bit he seems to have lost, ( and stop sitting down on the bloody double moves. Yeeeeeeesh :doh: ). Most importantly, when the season is over and negotiations begin again, stop with the out of my hands nonsense. Take an active role in the deal trying to be struck with the Redskins. Okay..make that a more active role. He wants to be paid this much for this many years and such. fine. Present his case in person. if rumors are true, the Redskins have already decided on Champs immediate future. Placing the tag on him if things don't go to well.

:cheers:

Worst case scenario we tag him and he is still signed by another team but we get two first rounders in exchange. Although that would be tough we could sign a player like Ahmed Plummer and Grant Wistrom and draft two d-lineman.

Originally posted by tkatz

Worst case scenario we tag him and he is still signed by another team but we get two first rounders in exchange. Although that would be tough we could sign a player like Ahmed Plummer and Grant Wistrom and draft two d-lineman.

Actually that sounds like the best case scenario for the Skins. Two first round picks and a ton of cap room.

Worst case scenario is you tag him, other teams look for one of the many good FA CBs in the market (no trade), Champ says he will not play for the franchise amount and sits out for the first month of the season or more, and the Skins have a huge amount of cap space devoted to a guy who isnt even playing. Galloway did it with the Sahawks.

Archived