Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on 980 -

WallyG3

Paraphrased -

What do you think about Bruce Smith?

Can’t help but be a fan, he’s one of those guys that stand out. Just being able to meet him would be great, but to be his friend and be a part of this was great.

Did you get the impression that he felt relief after achieving this?

I think he handled it well. I’m very close with him, and I could see the weight lifted off of him. I’m really proud of him.

Was all the talk about it a distraction? How did the players handle this?

You can’t say it’s not on peoples mind, you have the best DE ever on your team chasing a record. Distraction? We have far more important things to worry about than records. I don’t think it’s a distraction, I mean, I would hope not.

How is your knee?

I wouldn’t miss the Dallas game if I had one leg. I ‘m going to be there. My knee doesn’t matter. I’m a soldier and I’m going to go out there no matter what. I’m a part of this team and I’m going to go out there with them.

On Tim Hasselbeck’s play

I never knew heard of Tim Hasselbeck. For a person to come in and do what he has done is unbelievable. He has come in and excelled. Players sometimes lose sight of the fact that every game is an audition.

What is the difference in the QBs styles from a defensive player’s point of view?

I never thought about it really. Pat Ramsey is our QB, he’s just not healthy. As far as a scouting report, I don’t know. I’ll watch film on that and answer next week.

TH moves around a little more in the pocket. But not a lot more mobile.

Wow did the win help the team?

We’re just trying to find ourselves, we’re just searching to find what the identity of this team is. Yesterday was a land mark day, despite weather and records, we have dedicated ourselves to winning. Our approach is just to try to win.

Giants fans quit?

I’ve never seen that, with any sports team. Even when teams were losing, the fans were still in it. I don’t know if it was the weather, or what, but they weren’t there. It was definitely different.

Are players still playing for each other?

That’s the way I’ve been since day one.

How satisfying is it wo put together a complete defensive game for 4 quarters?

It doesn’t matter what your record is, you go out to win. We just try to keep improving. No matter the record, there’s no reason to quit. Whether it’s pride in your team, or your city, you keep fighting. I felt like we went out there and they gave us fight, we withstood their fight. We have that potential to do that, we just have to keep doing it

What do you have to do to beat Dallas?

Keep doing what we’ve been doing, and be consistent

Originally posted by WallyG3

How is your knee?

I wouldn’t miss the Dallas game if I had one leg. I ‘m going to be there. My knee doesn’t matter. I’m a soldier and I’m going to go out there no matter what. I’m a part of this team and I’m going to go out there with them.

Whew, what a relief!

Originally posted by Henry

Good stuff. I think the most important thing we saw yesterday was that this team is not quitting on Spurrier. The Giants are a team that has quit, and we all saw the difference.

The reason is no matter what the media says the team likes playing for Spurrier. I believe they also think that he will be back and depending on their play from here on it we might keep all the assistants, except maybe Helton :D

Originally posted by WallyG3

Paraphrased -

What do you have to do to beat Dallas?

Keep doing what we’ve been doing, and be consistent

NO!! You have not played good defense. Barber had 80 yards rushing after the first qtr and its the same week in and week out. We need a game from the defense that we have NOT seen this year. We need 110% Sunday. We have to beat Dallas!!!

Archived