Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Pollack is a monster

OURYEAR#56

When they pull out the scales and the measuring stick at the combine and Pollack comes in at 6' 1/2", this guy is going to begin the predraft slide right to the bottom of round 1. I also expect his weight will come in on the light side.

Good player with a high motor, but no way a top ten pick. A steal in Round 2 which is where I predict he is drafted

I haven't seen this kid at all, so I can't comment on him specifically, but I would just like to point out that Dwight Freeney is 6' 1/2". People thought he would slide due to his height, and many were shocked that Dungy picked him as early as he did. I'm sure plenty of teams that picked ahead of Indy would love to have Freeney on their team.

And while we're on the subject, does anyone remember Terrell Suggs? He has 10 sacks so far. Sure, he's playing with the likes of Ray Lewis, but still, do you guys remember the pre-draft hype? He was a sack monster in college, and then busted out some awful 40-times for an undersized DE/3-4 OLB. He was a projected top 3 pick early on, and dropped significantly because of the combines. The Ravens aren't complaining.

Originally posted by mcgraw238

When they pull out the scales and the measuring stick at the combine and Pollack comes in at 6' 1/2", this guy is going to begin the predraft slide right to the bottom of round 1. I also expect his weight will come in on the light side.

Good player with a high motor, but no way a top ten pick. A steal in Round 2 which is where I predict he is drafted

got to agree with most of this post. don't think he'll slide to the second, but mid-late first and after will smith goes off the board. if he could run a sub-4.5 like freeney he might go sooner. freeney is a speed rusher, that was his draw. he lacked size, but made up for it with speed. suggs is the exact opposite. he has ideal size, but lacked the 40 time scouts were looking for. he still gets to the QB very quickly, but didn't have the paper time like freeney. then there is pollack. he doesn't have the size or speed (his INFLATED measurables are 6-3, 280, and runs a 4.8 http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/091103/dog_20030911062.shtml), but his motor is second to none. not sure how scouts are gonna grade him because of this-- how much leverage will one get for being passionate and hard-working?

Freeney & Pollack play 2 different styles, Freeney is a power player with exceptional quickness & burst.

Pollack is more of a high motor type of a player who does it with hustle. he is not the athlete that Freeney is.

I did not see the game vs. LSU, but in general when I did watch UGA this yr, I was disappointed with his play. Pollack does not seem to have the speed or burst to be a dominant pass rusher.

I am not convinced that he can be an effective DE in the pros, he may be better off gaining 10-15 lbs & playing inside where the quickness thathe does have will be an advantage.

The kid from USC, Udeze (sp?) looked good in spurts, and also made some misjudgements because of his greeness. I loved his altheticism, and he has supposedly worked his a$$ off to get into tremendous shape after being in the 350# range a year and a half ago.

If he falls into the second round (if he comes out at all) could be the steal the Skins are looking for. Of course, if he goes into the combine, measures out at 6'3" 295 with a 4.6 40 he'll jump into the first half of the first round most likely.

Originally posted by Long n Left

The kid from USC, Udeze (sp?) looked good in spurts, and also made some misjudgements because of his greeness. I loved his altheticism, and he has supposedly worked his a$$ off to get into tremendous shape after being in the 350# range a year and a half ago.

If he falls into the second round (if he comes out at all) could be the steal the Skins are looking for. Of course, if he goes into the combine, measures out at 6'3" 295 with a 4.6 40 he'll jump into the first half of the first round most likely.

I agree with you on Udeze, the kid has a ton of potential & plays well in spots, he just has to be more consistent. If comes out, he'll go top 15.

Archived