Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 Regular Season Twitter Thread

TSO

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 16m16 minutes ago

JP Finlay Retweeted Chris Cooley

I want to hear Cooley on Jon Allen. Rookie was strong in first ever start. So much potential

JP Finlay added,

Chris CooleyVerified account @thecooleyzone
30 minutes from now for #Redskins @ 8 with @kevins980 & I on @espn980 & the ESPN 980 App https://twitter.com/espn980/status/907929043655426048 

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Marc

So you would grade every win an A because they passed the test? There is room for nuance in there.

Rich Tandler added,

Marc @Parina_51
They literally failed to win. If you take a test and try hard but fail it's an F. https://twitter.com/rich_tandlercsn/status/907936581935345664 

Carol MaloneyVerified account @carolmaloney4 3m3 minutes ago

Jay Gruden says team still smarting from Wk 1 loss & in t" pre prax players huddle DJ just wanted to "kick them in the rear a little bit."

Washington RedskinsVerified account @Redskins

Gruden says Doctson is dealing with "tightness" in his hamstring and his limited participation in practice is "precautionary" at this time.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo

Gruden says "no. Not at all" when asked if he's at a disadvantage because McVay knows his offense so well. Says he knows McVay's well.

D.J. Swearinger gathered teammates before practice to give them "a kick in the rear" coach Jay Gruden said. He said while they're still smarting over losing the opener, Swearinger wanted to move ahead.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 10m10 minutes ago

Ben Standig Retweeted Ben Standig

Perhaps I should have said "another" turn instead of new?

Ben Standig added,

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig
The Josh Doctson tale takes a new turn. Limited in practice with a hamstring injury, per Gruden.

Liz ClarkeVerified account @lizclarketweet 11m11 minutes ago

"It doesn't help." Gruden on Doctson's hamstring flare-up, in big picture goal of increasing the 2d-year WR's workload

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 12m12 minutes ago

"Everybody's still smarting a little bit," Gruden said about midfield practice meeting convened by DJ Swearinger. "Time to get over it."

George WallaceVerified account @GWallaceWTOP 14m14 minutes ago

Gruden on spending time w defensive staff preparing for McVay: "Yes, we've discussed numerous things." #Redskins

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 15m15 minutes ago

Gruden adds it may not help, but they've discussed things. All about when things are called and executing.

Jay Gruden said the best way to improve the third down defense is to "rush the passer."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 18m18 minutes ago

Josh Doctson needed to stack "good days on good days" to up his snap count from 20. Is this a setback? "Doesn't help," Gruden said

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said they have "discussed numerous things" with the defensive staff regarding Rams coach Sean McVay and his offense.

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 21m21 minutes ago

Jay Gruden says third downs weren't up to their standard on both sides of the ball.

Kirk Cousins signed a jersey for Sean McVay after he got the Rams job, writing "I owe you my career." Cousins said McVay always believed in him when others did not "when I wasn't playing well."

Kirk Cousins said of Sean McVay: "he's high energy, a great communicator, a warm friendly guy, positive." Cousins said McVay has "charisma."

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 5m5 minutes ago

Chris Russell Retweeted Craig Hoffman

Very important words but ultimately that faith has to be shown (which it was) & then that faith has to be justified (which it also was).

Chris Russell added,

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman
Replying to @CraigHoffman
Cousins has been reading Bill Walsh's book. In there, Walsh says the 4 most powerful words are "I believe in you." McVay told him that a lot

Archived