Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Those Black Shoes Look Good

Charlie Murphaaay

I love the retros. I wish the team would change to them.

I just don't understand the NFL uniform rules, though I'm pretty sure it all has to do with money. But, apparently, you can't deviate from your uniform on a whim. For instance, if the Redskins wanted to wear their retros against the Cowboys, they couldn't because it wasn't cleared in the offseason. I don't get what the big deal is, as long as a team isn't switching back and forth between light and dark jerseys at the last moment.

Originally posted by SonnyJ

as long as a team isn't switching back and forth between light and dark jerseys at the last moment.

Isn't the visiting team required to bring both dark and light jerseys to the game? I recall that Denver got in trouble earlier this year for bringing only white jerseys to a San Diego game.

I like the retros and I like the black shoes. As for wanting to wear them against Dallas, they could if they went through a little procedure. The 49ers' players liked their throwback unis (in '94) that the NFL gave them permission to wear them throughout the year. They stomped the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by Soliloquy

Isn't the visiting team required to bring both dark and light jerseys to the game? I recall that Denver got in trouble earlier this year for bringing only white jerseys to a San Diego game.

I'm pretty sure this is determined beforehand, maybe even the beginning of the season.

I think where the Broncos got in trouble was bringing the WRONG jerseys with them. Basically an administrative error.

Archived