Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New to board... and comment audibles

KDawg

Hey all... Been a Skin's fan for 17 of my 19 years, it's difficult though, as I live in Rochester, NY... aka Buffalo Bills country...

Question though, Spurrier said this week that Tim would be using audibles in the game this week... Does this scare anyone else? Because quite frankly it scares me to death... But so does Winey being in at OT...

Welcome!

I'm not really too worried about Hasselbeck making audibles...half of them will probably be dummies and he seemed to do a pretty good job with them last week.

If SS has enough confidence in Hasselbeck to give him the green light, I'm all for it.

Having Winey at LT is a frightening proposal though. That said, he can't be any worse than Samuels. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah he can. Welcome Dawg. Agreed on the audibles here. S.S. will more than likely give Tim a good idea on when those audibles should be used and what he should be looking for. Some easy ones I'm sure. Or as easy as it is in the NFL.

:cheers:

What's the consensus about last week, did Hasselbeck use audibles or not? It sure looked to me like he did, but I read somewhere that coaches said he didn't. Maybe he was just calling plays at the line while running the hurry-up offense. I do remember seeing him using hand signals at the line several times during the game.

Another thing, it seemed that he took a lot longer to call for the snap than Ramsey does, he would get under center and wait a good long time before calling for the snap. Did anybody else notice that? It seemed like maybe he was making sure that he and everyone else on the team was really ready, and knew what the defensive alignment was before he had the center snap the ball. It seemed to work, although maybe that was just the play calling that worked, not the delayed snap count.

Archived