Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Jason ReidVerified account @JReidESPN 10h10 hours ago

In fairness to the Redskins, if a guy don't wanna sign, he don't wanna sign. After what happened beginning in his rookie year, it was over.

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 9m9 minutes ago

You have questions, so it's good thing it's Redskins Mailbag Day! Email me at mike.jones@washpost.com w subject "Mailbag question" right now

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 34s35 seconds ago

Cousins said a deal it was closer than people think. "Up until a week ago, I was praying over whether we should send them an offer."

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 1m1 minute ago

#Redskins QB Kirk Cousins on 106.7. "I just felt peace about not making an offer and putting it in the team's court."

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 2m2 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins: "I just felt peace about not making an offer and putting it in the team's court...."

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Kirk Cousins on #Redskins offer: "If the best we can get is a 2 year deal I might as well just keep playing on one year deals"

Chick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatCSN 15s16 seconds ago

Kirk Cousins on 106.7. Him being a Redskin long term not out of the question. The deal was closer than some would think.

#redskins

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 41s42 seconds ago

Listening to Kirk it's so obvious: Guaranteed cash is all that matters in contract talks. That's it. That's the list.

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig 3m3 minutes ago

Cousins: Terms of franchise tag made this process "challenging." Same w/ deadline timing. Says that structure of 1-year deals isn't so bad.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 3m3 minutes ago

Listening to Cousins, it's clear he's a mature adult not intimidated or influenced by others. Good for him.

Erin HawksworthVerified account @ABC7Erin 4m4 minutes ago

Kirk says as of last week he was still praying about sending an offer. In last few days he felt peace about having 6 more months to decide

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 6m6 minutes ago

Cousins on talks w #Redskins "Everything is trending in the right direction." Dude is pure class.

Craig HoffmanVerified account @CraigHoffman 2m2 minutes ago

Here's the thing about Cousins and the high road - he just doesn't take it. He takes it believably. He doesn't sound like he's full of it.

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 37s38 seconds ago

Brian McNally Retweeted Chris Lingebach

A lot of people are fake as hell about this kind of stuff. Kirk isn't one of them. Had enough conversations with him to know this is earnest

Brian McNally added,

Chris Lingebach @ChrisLingebach
Kirk Cousins on what's misunderstood about his contract situation: "This decision is not about anything, more importantly, than my faith."

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 37s38 seconds ago

Brian McNally Retweeted Chris Lingebach

A lot of people are fake as hell about this kind of stuff. Kirk isn't one of them. Had enough conversations with him to know this is earnest

Brian McNally added,

Chris Lingebach @ChrisLingebach
Kirk Cousins on what's misunderstood about his contract situation: "This decision is not about anything, more importantly, than my faith."

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 34m34 minutes ago

I feel bad for #Redskins fans. A loyal and knowledgeable fan base that has to watch another mess unfold and don't know who to trust!

45 minutes answering difficult questions, and, Kirk Cousins pulled it of w/o a hitch. His best performance since the Packers game

Rich Tandler replied

Rich_TandlerCSN Rich, Is Kirk wanting to remain a Redskin legit or smoking mirrors?

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 1m1 minute ago

Two sides in love find ways to work it out. In end, both sides might try to love the other but realize they just don't. And here we are.

Rob CarlinVerified account @RobCarlinCSN 57s57 seconds ago

Rob Carlin Retweeted chad dukes

This should be interesting.. Big day for 106.7 for #Redskins news..

Rob Carlin added,

chad dukesVerified account @chaddukes
Washington #Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden joins me at 5pm on #CDVTW.

Rob CarlinVerified account @RobCarlinCSN 21s21 seconds ago

Gruden to @chaddukes - "I did not hear Cousins today.. I played golf today.. Shot a 79, my best round of the year".. Said he saw beer carts!

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 2m2 minutes ago

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden on @1067theFan & @chaddukes emphasizes on Kirk Cousins: "We can still get him as our long-term quarterback here."

Mason_FosterVerified account @Mason_Foster 3m3 minutes ago

"The cake been baked. Let em bring the drama or whatever they gon' do! Other than that, *forget* em. We ball"

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 4m4 minutes ago

#Redskins HC Jay Gruden on @1067theFan & @chaddukes : "We're going to make sure we pay the right people..keep the right people." #Redskins

Chad Ryan Retweeted

Jay Gruden: "Everybody thinks I'm an idiot for throwing fades."

He's gonna do it y'all.

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 6m6 minutes ago

Gruden to @chaddukes on Cousins deal: "We can still get him as a long term QB here." Was way cooler when he talked about shooting a 79 today

Nora Princiotti @NoraPrinciotti 3m3 minutes ago

Gruden says Redskins were "horrible in the red zone last year" and that they need to do better, esp in NFC East where games will be close.

Chris Russell @Russellmania621

Chris Russell Retweeted Rick Snider

Agreed. And to think - many labeled him as some pretty horrible things in 2014 and into 2015 for absolutely no reason. At all.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 5m5 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted Chris Russell

He's a good coach and his personality well suited to working in this environment.

Burgundy Burner replied

Redskin For Life Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Oh really? A day after you slammed the Redskins for this and saying the Steelers are above it.

Redskin For Life added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Steelers leak curiously incomplete Le'Veon Bell offer details http://wp.me/p14QSB-al5S 

Archived