Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Retro USB AVS System - A High Quality Nintendo Clone

Ron78

For the old school Nintendo fans that are having trouble getting the NES classic.  There are a lot of cheap Nintendo clones available on the internet, but I recently came across a system that will play old 8-bit Nintendo and Famcom games in HD via an HDMI hookup on your television.  I pre-ordered just the other day, but I won't see it until sometime between February and April.  They also sell their own home-brewed 8-bit Nintendo games, which I have not yet tried.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=36

It's getting some pretty good reviews:

the guys in the office got a raspberry pi and they hooked their ps3 controllers up over bluetooth. dowloaded a bunch of nintendo games and run them in the emulator :)

they were playing it the last 2 weeks.

but that thing looks much cooler :)

Just now, tshile said:

the guys in the office got one of these but it was just a raspberry pi and they hooked their ps3 controllers up over bluetooth.

they were playing it the last 2 weeks.

but that thing looks much cooler :)

I agree.  I am psyched about getting it.  It's just annoying they won't have any in stock for 1-3 months. 

4 minutes ago, grego said:

I got the retro trio a couple of weeks ago, which plays Nintendo, snes, and Sega for about 60 bucks. 

Gotta play with it a bit to make the games take, but, so far, so good. Playing some mad tecmo super bowl. 

It was the HDMI connection and HD quality visuals that drew me to the AVS.  I have not heard to many good things about other clones.

Archived