Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wait... no Henderson?

HailVictory

The drama unfolds...<br /><br />Redskins | Edwards Hiring Official | Another Not -<br />19:50 PT: Updating an earlier story, Redskins.com reports the Washington Redskins have hired George Edwards as their new LBs coach. He spent the past four seasons with the Cowboys. Washington needs only a defensive backs coach to round out its coaching staff. Apparently Ravens DBs coach Donnie Henderson may not be coming over with Marvin Lewis as previously reported

and it continues...<br /><br />The Washington Post reports at this time Baltimore Ravens DBs coach Donnie Henderson said Redskins defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis had offered him the same position with the Redskins, but he declined. "I had an obligation to Brian (Billick) not to leave him," Henderson said. "I'd given my word to Brian." Owner Art Modell said he gave the Redskins permission today to speak with assistant strength and conditioning coach Chip Morton.<br /> <br /> <small>[ February 11, 2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: HailVictory ]</small>

Hmm lets see he is going to lose Starks and Woodson in the secondary and wants to stay during the rebuilding period when he can be around 3 pro bowl caliber Corners with a bigger check?<br /><br />Poor guy should have stuck to bottle water instead of Tap because it is defeinately affecting his judgement.

Archived