Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking for Auction Items (charity fundraiser)

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Hey all

Apologize if this isn't appropriate and please feel free to delete if so. I'm running a charity fundraiser and currently looking for auctionable items. We have 501c3 status so any contribution is completely tax deductible for its full value. If anyone happens to have an idea, connection, etc. I'll never turn down help. Feel free to PM.

Do signed items have to be current players?

Not at all. I have autographs from a former player and former coach already.

Do you have a connection with a former player who might be willing to help us out? If you are thinking about donating a personal item that you own, I couldn't accept it but would certainly appreciate the thought.

Not at all. I have autographs from a former player and former coach already.

Do you have a connection with a former player who might be willing to help us out? If you are thinking about donating a personal item that you own, I couldn't accept it but would certainly appreciate the thought.

Ahh yea I have a authentic signed Orakpo helmet thats just sitting in a closet lol oh well

But I do know one former player who owns a restaurant in alexandria, but is not one of my accounts, if I remember maybe I could run by and ask him, his last name is Patton, im sure you remember him

• 3 weeks later...

Redskins:

http://www.redskins.com/community/donation-options.html

A lot of the local sports team use the donationx website.

I help with an annual charity golf tournament in King George VA and the Caps, Redskins, and Nationals always donate a signed item. DC United often donates a voucher good for 2 tickets to a future game. The Wizards, Mystics, and Orioles have never donated anything to our event or other events I have worked on. I don't bother with any of them any longer.

Your best bet is to probably go to the website of the team and look for a link under Community. There should be a link that will take you to the donationx website for that team.

You might also be able to find memorabilia dealers willing to come to your event and will give you the profits for any items that sell over their selling price. They will usually have some really nice high end stuff and usually will not charge you anything for coming out. We did this once for our event and made a couple hundred bucks extra for very little effort on our part.

Archived