Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You want proof?

bubba9497

Let's say the ref doesn't signal the TD and rule it a fumble on the field. I GUARANTEE that the refs in the booth say he was down by contact. 3rd and goal at the 6 inch line.

That's the way it works in this league. The Panthers are a good story, the Skins are team everyone wants to lose. Maybe next year we are the "good story" and we start getting calls.

Originally posted by TheSkipper

Let's say the ref doesn't signal the TD and rule it a fumble on the field. I GUARANTEE that the refs in the booth say he was down by contact. 3rd and goal at the 6 inch line.

That's the way it works in this league. The Panthers are a good story, the Skins are team everyone wants to lose. Maybe next year we are the "good story" and we start getting calls.

I think the way replay works is that the booth guys only call for a review of the play. It is then up to the head referee on the field to review the play with his little camera setup, and then he gets the final call, not the booth guys. - to be clear, the booth guys call for reviews towards the end of the game (i don't remember if it's also at the end of the first half), other times it's the coaches who are calling for reviews with challenges.

In the old days, the booth guys were able to make decisions on calls, and even though it sometimes took a long time... I am nostalgic for those days more often than not. I bet it would take less time in the modern age, especially if you've got a guy like Bubba in your booth with Photoshop, heh...

Archived