Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You want proof?

bubba9497

Oh my god, i cant take this.........we won this game.

We won the ****ing game. They cost us our season.

Some people will say, that we need to just make the plays as they come and we wouldnt have had it come down to this. But they dont realize, that was making a play, we made a play, to win the game, and they took it away. It turns out it did come down to this, and we stopped them, but they didnt count it.

We clearly did enough to win this game and they stole it from us.

Carl......I'm sorry, but your angle doesn't prove anything. Its not the proper angle. My question is this: arguably Big Country didn't get the ball over the plain, but were his knees down? If he didn't get over the plain and his knees weren't down, then the game was stolen from us. But, if he didn't get the ball in the endzone, and the knees were down, well then I don't think the call makes much of a difference, since they likely would have gotten in, since it would have only been third down.

Originally posted by Canadian Hog

Carl......I'm sorry, but your angle doesn't prove anything. Its not the proper angle. My question is this: arguably Big Country didn't get the ball over the plain, but were his knees down? If he didn't get over the plain and his knees weren't down, then the game was stolen from us. But, if he didn't get the ball in the endzone, and the knees were down, well then I don't think the call makes much of a difference, since they likely would have gotten in, since it would have only been third down.

He was on top of another player it appears, but even if his knee was down, there are no guarentees, and a many of times a team doesn't make it on the goal line, you have to make a team earn the TD, you can't give it to them.

They say it's a game of inches. More like millimetes. I thought he was in when they were showing the replay. I did not think his knee was down. There would have been some serious gloating from the Davis bashers if they had called it a fumble. BTW, the line in the third pic looks a little crooked.

Bubba....you are right, you gotta make the team earn their TDs, I'm just playing a numbers game. Teams usually punch it in from inside the one, and my money would be on a back like Big Country against our D - line in that situation. I don't think he was in, but its unfortunate that we gotta be talking about a play like this. It should have never got to that point had we stopped them earlier in the drive.

Bubba, I really thank you for these because it only proves what i knew all along, and why i almost broke my TV.

However, I'm not sure how you did this, but if you could, I would like to see something like this for the Rock fumble at the goal line. I watched the tape, and put a ruler up to the screen at the goal line throughout these replays, only to find that from what i saw, Rock passed the plain before he lost control, and Davis did not.

I dont only think we got screwed on the Davis call, but I think we may have gotten screwed on the Rock call, though they didnt give too great of angles for the Rock call.

Bubba....you are right, you gotta make the team earn their TDs, I'm just playing a numbers game. Teams usually punch it in from inside the one, and my money would be on a back like Big Country against our D - line in that situation. I don't think he was in, but its unfortunate that we gotta be talking about a play like this. It should have never got to that point had we stopped them earlier in the drive.

Who's to say if we had stopped them earlier in the drive that they wouldnt have screwed us on a call there????

The point is, we stopped them before they got into the endzone, thats the point of the game, and we did it. We made a play to stop them from getting in, and they stole it from us.

I have a TV viewer on my computer that lets me capture screen shots, however i was looking for the replay, and able to get the clicks in at the right time, I can't record like Tivo though :(. There is a record program that I am going to get when I can afford it.

I was waiting until the ESPN highlights, I watched sportscenter and knew the order ESPN was going to show the TD/fumble clip.

I was kind of thinking the same thing Skins26......Rock potentially might have gotten in. There was a degree of doubt there. I'm not saying he was in, but there could have realistically been some debate. What I find amazing is that there was no other angles other than the endzone one available for that play. Unbelievable. Usually there are 18000 angles for a play, but nope, not for the Rock near the goaline, that's what gets me.

Archived