Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Former First Round Pick Lawrence Phillips Dead in prison at 40

Boss_Hogg

Appears to be a suicide.

He was doing 10 years for assault, but was facing the death penalty for killing his cellmate in April 2015. 

Phillips had so much potential, he could've been the next Walter Payton if he tried. But he couldn't stay away from trouble. Joe Theismann said that Phillips was the best RB in the 96' draft. His coach Dick Vermeil claimed Phillips was the most talented RB he's every coached. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/01/13/lawrence-phillips-death-prison/78742058/

Phillips I believe was in group homes, abused before then and was an angry sociopath as a result. His whole life was spent being violent towards women, others who angered him and finally his rage at being locked up and under threat from gang members.

I don't care that he had great athletic gifts because ultimately he betrayed the trust and faith of everyone who cared about him and never undertook to save his life and future with a real effort.

I do care that a human being took his own life because he could never learn the lessons that were there in front of him to learn.

Archived