Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Bankrupt

capcrunch98

I'm not wishing the guy sickness or harm, but I wouldn't lose sleep if he lost all the money he admittedly stole from my favorite football team.  If that gets me booted off your Christmas card list, I'll live...

The Redskins were at fault too for overpaying for him.  Don't condone his actions by any means and it was selfish the way he basically took the money and put himself/personal issues with Shanny in front of the better of the team.  But wishing stuff like this on anyone is childish.  

I'm sure the Redskins and the rest of the 31 other teams/owners/staff know the risk involved when paying out that much money in a contract on any player.

The player bankruptcy problem should be a national embarrassment to the NFL.  Far more than the concussion thing. But they just don't care.

If this guy Rubin had cheated owners like he did players, he would have disappeared into the swamps, and the world would be a better place for it.

How is this on the league?  It is not their responsibility or place to tell any athlete how to spend their money, who to trust their money with, what investments to make, etc.

I feel sorry for Clinton getting screwed on this, sorry that there are ****bags out there that feed on athletes and use them like this.  But it's not the leagues fault.  

Why is this topic even here? 

Because Portis is a former Redskin.  You should know that since you were a fan of 35 years.  Or did you stop watching the Redskins play from 2004-2010?

Archived