Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Game Information: Redskins-Giants

Will Cruz be back? 11 months for a calf sprain ought to be long enough. Maybe not on a short week but the vaGiants gotta be looking at this as a must win. Going 0-3 would probably knock them out of any kind of playoff run especially if the turd's go 3-0 this weekend against the Falcons.

Cruz link: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/09/giants_victor_cruz_feels_no_pain_in_injured_calf_w.html#incart_story_package

And their other injuries are killing them. There's a longer list of guys who are gimpy than at the link.

link: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/09/giants_injury_update_ereck_flowers_and_dominique_r.html#incart_river

Looks like they cut WR Preston Parker while the Skins dumped Amerson. Too bad we'll miss that matchup - a guy who can't cover against a guy that can't  catch... :D

On paper it looks like they have a good run defense but who have they played? Dallas and Atlanta - not the scariest of rushing teams. Team MoJo will test them early and often. Skins haven't faced a really good running team yet either. They still won't face a good one Thursday nite.

OK, the euphoria of the Rams win has finally subsided (well not completely, but let's pretend), now it's time to get real....This is a must win game - "the hell you say???" 

A win Thursday, especially a nice solid performance like Sunday, means we have put several demons to rest. Can't play on prime time and can't beat the Giants and can't put two game together when they count. It also puts us in great shape to at the very least play meaningful games in late November and into December. It puts the giants in a huge hole at 0-3. The eagles should end the same after playing the Jets. And dallast will lose against a resurgent falcons team with weedon at QB and no Dez!

However, a loss IMO will be devastating. To me it will mean we had a nice game or two but we are really just the same old team. Play great against an average team then can't seal the deal on a reeling division opponent.

Here are my keys:

1.  Rush for over 150 yds - That is a clear need for this team. At least right now Kirk cannot win games with his arm. Maybe as the season goes, but right now, we need ball control and TOP.

2. The front D 7 must continue to play at a high level, but most importantly we must get pressure on Eli. He is the wild card. If we can get to him early and often, he will cough the ball up. If we let them hang around, he can get hot and make us look bad.

3. Our STs has to be average at least. Last week was actually pretty good. Some short Tres Way punts but I believe they were staying away from Austin - good move! I really like the TBs on KOs. People crushed me for saying Kai was hurting us, but look at the starting field position for the Rams! Helps your D tremendously!

4. We have to win the TO battle. There always seem to be some ****ed up bounces when we paly the Giants! Those have to start going in our favor!  Our revamped Dline has to put pressure on Eli (see #2). If they do, He will give us the ball a few times. We have to catch it and make it count. Last week we got lucky in that we lost the TO battle and still won. That will not happen often if ever.

5. We have to continue to limit penalties. If we can get them to <5/gm, that would be awesome for such a young team!

The Giants D is not as good as either of the Ds we just played. We should have a decent night. I will be up watching. It comes on at 2AM here.... lol. Would not miss it!

HTTR!!!

As far as Eli goes - your right, a defense can get into his head and force him into bad judgement. He's played fairly well (2 TDs/0 Ints/3 sacks) but a guy who is tossing it up 40 times a game and getting a 60% completion percentage ain't getting it done. He only has 85 more yards on the year than Kirk does and a chunk of that is on big plays to OBJ. They really don't have a running game so expect more the same.

TOP? Skins holding it what, almost 38 min's and NY is at 25 min's. It would seem that would stay about the same. Their run defense is not as good as advertised and they have no offensive running game.  

Skins have a real good shot at getting the NY monkey of their back on Thursday for at least one game. Of course, Mara has sold his soul to Satan (perhaps?) so who knows how the rock will roll...

Cheers to beating the Rams in such bada$$ fashion. F you Jeff Fisher and your 78 draft picks you got in the RG trade whose tails got whipped. I'm a little late to this party, but I'll tell you what, I'm still smiling.

Now, when it comes to the Giants game, Go- you nailed the keys of the game, I don't disagree with any. Now, for my random, ADD, points:

-Jordan Reed, what a weapon when healthy. But for the love of god stop holding when the play is already past you for a nice gainer

-ALWAYS have a safety over the top of OBJ tomorrow night. 

-Our OL is great... just think back a month ago, after the Detroit pre-season game and the massive amount of trash we got thrown at us

-I wonder what we'd look like if we didn't have McClu and Callahan... we'd probably still have Tom Compton starting while our first round pick, Leonard Williams would be 2nd string and everyone's realizing we probably should have addressed the OL in the draft

-I hate to be debbie downer, but in relation to the stat that we're "#1 in rush D", that's a bit deceiving. We've only had 30 rush attempts against us, the true rush D stat is avg yards against... We've given up 4.5 (not good). I'm worried that our false sense of a great rush D will be brought to light. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen this week especially because the Giants have a bad OL and average RBs.

-I know our front 4 is strong, but I would like to see some blitzing and rattle Eli. I want turnovers!

-The Giants 1st round draft pick, LT Ereck Flowers, has been bad and now has a foot injury. This may be Preston Smith's "I'm the starter" party

-WaPo did a great write-up about our 3 TE sets and how many different plays we run out of it. Even though there are 8 in the box, it's tough to stop.

-I hope we have a 2 minute offense. Our whole scheme is based off of the run and I'm just wondering when the time comes where we need to string a scoring drive together with passes, can we?

Vegas has us as 4 point dogs, and I just see this being a game we won't win. Part of it is because the Giants have Spagnuolo back as D coach and I think he can figure out a way to put a damper on our run game. But the other, larger part, is based on the history that this is what the Skins do, this is a game the skins always lose.. One step forward, one and a half back... followed by quite a few more back. A win here, on the road, prime-time game, would not only prove a lot to us Skins fans, but also to the rest of the league who still think we're a clowncar.

Archived