Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PHOTOS: Redskins Take On The Dolphins

So, here were my 5 keys to the game and how we did:

1. We must have a real pass rush. Not one that gets 10 sacks against Jacksonville then can't get a single sack at an important time in the game. = D overall did really well. Line was a big part of that. They batted down a few balls and got some nice sacks on important plays. 

2. We must rush for at least 150 yds a gm, every game. I don't care who gets the yards, but we have to run early and often. = Check - We did this one. I don't think anyone can say Jay got away fro the running game. AM had a better 2nd half than it looks as there were several nice runs called back. 

3. Our STs just have to be average - that's I am asking for! Average! = Nope!  Our return game was not bad. I really like Crowder. But Forth missed a FG and of course the punt team gave up a TD! Inexcusable!  

4. We have to limit mistakes - Interceptions (looking at you Mr. Cousins), stupid penalties (looking at you young OLine!), fumbles. We need to value every possession, every play, even moment. Ply each play like it's to win the Super Bowl! Off, Def, STs - limit the mistakes! = ​Again no - I will say the 2nd pick was just a great play by the defender. Also, the refs seems to get hanky happy all of a sudden. However, too many mistakes. Can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot. 

5. This is typically 4, but I will add a 5th - The fans have to remain patient. This is not turning around a few months or even a season most likely. Loss of fan support could get the team discouraged at the end of the season when they could be learning the most. = I am convinced as a fan base we do not have the patience to allow the rebuild. But we shall see. 

So, 2 of the 4 for the game is not going to win ball games. Had our STs just played average we would have won. The Off needs to be better but with DJax going out to start that will not help. The Defense played well enough to win, period. 

I agree goskins10, I would add we need to take advantage of turnover chances we had two plays where we should have made interceptions that hit our players in their hands and could not take advantage! The penalties need to be cleaned up fast they are drive killers. STs have been and still are a joke, won't win many games with the penalties and STs play for sure.

Archived