Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Junior Galette Reinvigorated With The Redskins

This is some much needed good news. We finally get to see what we might have in Galette. Once he and Kerrigan get in together, this could go from being a very below average front 7 to one of the better fronts in football. Just like everything else it has to be done on the field not just on paper. But the possibilities are really promising.

I can't wait to see him on the field and with RyKer it could be a very good tandem. I don't ever remember the Redskins have such a talented lineup of lb's. Read somewhere yesterday where the team should hear about his suspension this week. 1-2 games won't hurt us too bad if we are still clinging to the Griffin experiment.

Aside from Perry Riley, this front 7 is strong. 

Let me start off by saying I love the Galette acquisition. He's not only a beast, but he also gives the coaches another year to develop Trent/Preston in the hopes that one proves they can be a starter. Here's the problem, Galette will be gone next year. This is a $10M player whose looking at this year as a show-me year. It's going to be a 16 game tease, but I'll enjoy it while we have him.

Right on CT. That's what's really great we get to rent a player for a year while our homegrown draftees get up to speed. Murphy and Smith are still going to get alot of work this year, Galette will probably be off the field during run plays, his specialty is getting after the qb on passing downs. This could be somuch fun to watch. If the Griffin thing was settled we could actually look forward to the season.

You guys are probably right, but I would like to think if he as much impact as I think he will, we will pay the man. I think he has a sense of loyalty to Scot and the players. He has repeatedly said he was humbled by how things ended in NO and really appreciates team mates that support him.

If he does stay, it's not like too many pass rushers is never a bad thing :-)  

Go- The thing is, we still have to re-sign TW, Keenan, and maybe Pot Roast, Golston, RG/ Kirk... I don't know what our cap situation will be, but it may be tight. If he has another 12+ sack year, I see him busting the bank. 

Although I'd hate to see him go, we didn't invest back-to-back year's 2nd round picks to have them ride the bench... I'm hoping they can pick up a few pass rushing skills from him and we all move on with an improved situation. I don't know if you guys have seen much tape on Galette, but his technique is something I don't think I've ever seen before.

It is a no lose situation, we get him for one year and our other OLBs get to develop without pressure. They also serve as excellent backups. If he is cap friendly maybe he is here next year and maybe not. Still all good and that is a good thing. Anxious to see what the 1st team D plays like with all players on board.

@ CT - I totally agree, I would rather invest in our own draft picks if they can get the job done. But like They said it's a good problem to have.

As we start to get to be a better team, players will start taking less to stay here. The last 20+ we have had to pay top $ or they go somewhere else.

I do feel bad for him but I guess all you can say now is, 'next man up'. Still preseason they have some time to figure out who that may be. 

Like to see what Bates has playing against the big guys. They have played him all over the field and he has looked pretty good from anywhere he has been positioned at. Of course that has not been against the #1s. They do have a fairly deep group to choose from as far as who that last spot will go to.

I've had time to let this marinate and I've found two positives...

1- Galette can still work with the young guys to try to teach them a trick or two. Hopefully, they will pick his brain.

2- And possibly a real blessing in disguise... Yesterday, before the injury, I was saying how he will command $10M+ after this season and will be gone. But, now that price has decreased quite a bit. Being that he's been here for a month and seems to have taken to the team/city, maybe we can get him on the cheap next year for another 1 or 2 year deal?

Normally, I enjoy pre-season, but this year I'm just finding myself watching and hoping we make it thru every day healthy.

Been really bummed the last few days with Galette injured. Don't think it was just him, even though I was eager to watch him, but the accumalative total of losing 5 starters for the year before they got out of preseason. Really odd to lose so many starters but if it's going to happen then early is best so the team can adjust and try to fill holes with players on the roster or from outside. Anyway we are still a 3-5 win season with Griffin under center. He has a good opportunity to quiet his critics for a week if he does well.

Galette signed for the vet minimum this year and didn't play a down so I doubt that there will be a long list of suitors next year who would pay him much more (if any more) than that. This was to be his 'prove it' year and that didn't pan out so the Skins probably could hold on to him for about the same as this year if they so desired.

And he might feel a little indebted to Washington for giving him a shot but he couldn't produce because of his injury. Not every player is in the 'show me the money' category. DHall took a huge paycut to stay in DC because of the cap penalty (please don't let us go there). No matter what you think about his ability or stuff that's happened since I certainly appreciate his integrity. 

Like CT and John have said and I had thought about as soon as he was injured....Do we try and sign him next year? How many guys can actually come back in 1 year after an Achilles tear and be as productive? I would say that 1 1/2 years from time of injury he could be in good form, but like DHall I'm just waiting for him to go down(even though Hall is older). He's an edge rusher and gets low, everything about his game screams torgue on that Achilles. If they can get him a deal for next year like this year, with a performance clause written in for the 3rd then I say yeah, sign him up.

Archived