Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Stream: Julia Roberts as Mother Nature: She Wants to Kill Us

Zguy28

Julia Roberts as Mother Nature: She Wants to Kill Us

https://stream.org/julia-roberts-mother-nature-wants-kill-us/

Julia Roberts delivers a stone-cold video message from Gaia, courtesy of Conservation International. There is something bracing and powerful in this little film. We moderns surely do need to be reminded that material reality poses stark limitations on our narcissistic desires. We can’t foul our nest, wreck the only known habitable planet and expect it to magically fix itself. Thus far, we’re on board with Julia.

What is off-putting and ominous about this video is the narrator’s tone and language as she discusses humanity. Speaking with all the haughty disdain we’d associate with the Witch-Queen of Narnia, Roberts scoffs at man as an insignificant and transient biological blip. “I have fed species greater than you,” she warns. “And I have starved species greater than you.”

Full article and video at the link.

It's like george carlin used to say, the earth will be fine. We just want it to be good for us. We are but a blip in history on this planet, and it won't be too long in astrological time, when this planet won't be hospitable for us anymore.

Yeah keeping earth good for us is important, but I believe nothing is more important than finding a new planet/moon we can colonize. But that will never happen until we can come together as humans and make it happen. But we are more worried about people being a different color or believing in another god to ever trully get to where we need to be to make something that monumental happen. We as a species are doomed unless we can accept are differences.

Archived