Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has this been a bad year for the NFL playoffs?

carex

I disagree.  If you make the playoffs the top 6 teams in the league and ignore division champs, then the divisions become useless imo.  I could care less if other teams with a better record don't make the playoffs over a division winner with a lesser record.

So you would be fine with a team finishing 9-7 and winning their division making the playoffs and watching say two teams sitting at 10-6 not get in?   I'd have a huge problem if the Redskins won the division at 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 and didn't make the playoffs cause some other team finished with a better record in your scenario.

We have witnessed two teams make the playoffs now at 7-9 and both win playoff games.  I know the Cards were down to a 3rd string QB, so they were doomed from the beginning anyhow. 

Thats why I want to scrap divisions altogether. It's so 50 years ago during the age of bus travel. In the age of air travel, division's are pointless. I fly from here to lax in 5 hours.

So what Carolina won a game in the postseason? We see 4-12 teams beat 12-4 teams every year in the regular season. Just because carolina won doesn't make right. All I saw was 11-5 team playing a 7-9 at their home. System is totally ridiculous.

NFC south is more than enough reasons why divisions/conferences should be done with. I'd understand if we went 7-9, won the division and didn't make the postseason because that would be fair. Axing divisions, conferences would really balance things out.

The NFL has been at the top of the news cycle every week since the playoffs started.

Mysteriously picking up a flag in Dallas in the wildcard round.

Exposure of a convoluted catch rule in Green Bay in the division round.

A miracle comeback in Seattle in the championship round (forgotten pretty quickly because of...)

Saggy balls in New England in the championship round. 

Everyone is talking about the NFL. That's always a good thing for the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived