Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Cardinals: 4 Keys To The Game

1 - Abandon the run completely and pass more. It hasn't been working so far so why change?

2 - Don't return kicks or punts. Don't tackle either. It slows the game down and prolongs the agony.

3 - Don't blitz. They may be down to their third QB as a starter so you know he can't be pressured.

4 - Stop the OLine from blocking. Giving your QB time to complete passes isn't fair to the opposing team.

Well, call it reverse psychology. Skins have done the exact opposite of the previous four 'keys to the game' over the last few weeks so if they continue the trend this should do it.

No one loves the skins more then myself. But I have to say this team has no heart no soul no fight. When a team is happy that they didn't lose by 50 only 10 that's pathetic. When after you lose by 10 points on monday night football your locker room is laughing and joking around then we have a serious problem. When us fans are suffering and our team is laughing and joking the we have a problem. we have lost 13 out of our last 14 games. my gosh people that is sickening not something to laugh or joke about. HAIL!

No one loves the skins more then myself. But I have to say this team has no heart no soul no fight. When a team is happy that they didn't lose by 50 only 10 that's pathetic. When after you lose by 10 points on monday night football your locker room is laughing and joking around then we have a serious problem. When us fans are suffering and our team is laughing and joking the we have a problem. we have lost 13 out of our last 14 games. my gosh people that is sickening not something to laugh or joke about. HAIL!

I agree with everything you say - the only thing I wonder is if the laughing thing was taken out of context. For example my understanding it was Garcon and Williams. They could easily been talking about Sherman their respective knockdown of that punk.

These media really like making a story out of no story. Bunch of punks.

But I could not agree more that these so called moral victories are BS. I don;t care if we lose by 10 or 30. We still lost! And if we are being hones,t without a few questionable calls by the refs, it would not have been close. I would never admit that to a seahags fan, but if we are being honest the score should have been much more lopsided, like at the very least 41-17. Two of the Harvin TDs called back were sketchy.

Let's go beat ourselves over the head again this week. It's week 6 and it's a must win if we want any chance to have even a mediocre season.

1 - Abandon the run completely and pass more. It hasn't been working so far so why change?

2 - Don't return kicks or punts. Don't tackle either. It slows the game down and prolongs the agony.

3 - Don't blitz. They may be down to their third QB as a starter so you know he can't be pressured.

4 - Stop the OLine from blocking. Giving your QB time to complete passes isn't fair to the opposing team.

Well, call it reverse psychology. Skins have done the exact opposite of the previous four 'keys to the game' over the last few weeks so if they continue the trend this should do it.

Hail Johns - Thank you for the laugh!  In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, That was funny right there I don't care who you are.......

Hail GoSkins -

Mediocre is what - about .500 give or take a game? Maybe not more than 9 losses.

A probable loss at AZ puts them @ 1 & 5. 

So the math sayz at least 6 & 4 the rest of the way to reach mediocre.

Don't see that happening unless they play the Jags 6 more times.

Yeah your right they are already in the must win category on Sunday in Week 6. 

So, serious question here:

If we lose Sunday as many of us think we will, do they start making coaching changes? Because I am not seeing any significant improvement based on some of these new coaches, outside of a lot of talk. 

We are supposed to have a great front 7. There'd is some talent there, but where are the sacks? Take the 10 against Jacksonville away and we have exactly 4 ****ing sacks!!!  Yes, that's 4!!!  I don't give a tinkers damn about hurries or rushes. Against us those are just more completions! This OLB coach was supposed to help us produce more sacks!   

That's 4 sacks against some really bad offensive lines: Houston? the Giants? Seattle? Philly is the only really good Oline we played against. Think about that, 4 sacks in 4 games!!  

So our, LBs are playing poorly and our secondary sucks. So we make up for it by having an underachieving Dline!  

I will start to sound like a broken record but: Release Kai Forbath and bring in hocker who can put the ball in the end zone for touchbacks. I will live with a few miss FGs, especially if they are early and then he settles down. Did you see the field position Seattle had vs ours???  There were like 8 drives that we started inside our 15 while Seattle was starting around the 35 to 40 all day!  

Some of that is offense, or lack there of. 

And here is a last minute plea to Jay Gruden: RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!   Why let your best offensive player sit back there and rot!   Let him loose!  That will slow the pass rush down and open some opportunities down field. But again please Jay, stay with the run!!!!  Even if we get down 14 or so early!!  Keep pounding that rock, they will get tired and AM will have a big second half. 

4 keys simple.... 1 RUN THE BALL

2.RUN THE BALL

3. RUN THE BALL

4.RUN THE BALL

did i say run the ball ? i just wanted to be clear !!  :angry:

I can only say that there will be NO coaching changes during the season...NONE! Why would we? To think a coaching change is going to bring about some miraculous change in turning some sub-par backups into legitimate starters that are going to help us win is misguided at best.Have we all forgot after the Eagles game we had 17 of 53 players on the injury list? We are expecting too much out of the players and coaches. We had no 1st rd pick for 2 years and no 2nd rd pick for 1 year, couple that with a $34 million salary cap penalty stretched over 2 years and you want a good team???? Absolutely where we should be which is in the cellar, no quality depth and too many older players brought in to as Warren Buffett says '' like finding a cigar stub and trying to get a few puffs more before it's gone''. I said 6-7 wins and that was with a healthy team, we are not a healthy team and it's getting worse.

People are like a broken record here saying run the ball even if we get 1.9 yds a run...really? Thank God that Gruden doesn't listen to fans tell him how to run his team or even Jacksonville would have kicked our ass.

I'm all for cutting Forbath and bring Hocker back but most likely won't thinking Forbath will get healed and boom his kicks consistently to the 5 yd line.

Hail Manchild - I understand what you are saying.Having said that, the point of coaching changes is showing no tolerance for incompetence, not really an expectation that it would make any immediate impact. 

Maybe I am being a bit knee jerk but I have heard this song for 21 years now. And especially where Haslett is concerned. This is not his first rodeo. He has a long track record of being mediocre. If this was his first year, then I would be more patient. But it's the same thing every year. I agree, the lack of 1st rounders (our own doing) and the hideous $38M cap penalty (not of our own doing at all), definitely has some impact, but how long are we going to lean on that? This last year, we had all our cap and used it.

I am not sure where you are getting your data but I see us rushing 4.1/att at 524 yds on 127 carries. Against Seattle it was not good, but we only ran the ball 17 times vs. 36 pass attempts. That's not an acceptable ratio. We can't just give up on the run because they stop us a few times. That is Grudens MO coming from Cinn fans. He gives up on the run if you either stop it a few times or he gets behind even just a few points. It seems at least early on they were correct. I am not saying he can't learn and adjust. But my patience is getting thin. 

As for some of the other coaches, Haslett had no business being retained. Unless there is a major change in the Def, I will not back off that statement. I will continue to want his head. He is a bad coach. No one has gotten better with him as the coach. As for some of the other coaches, you are probably right, no reason to get rid of them now. It may be too soon. But again, it just seems like more of the same. I don't want to be sitting here 3 years from now in the same position.

Look at STs. All they said during the off-season was how they were focusing on STs players. While there has been some improvement in a few areas, overall would you consider them "greatly improved"? You could argue they have directly or indirectly caused us 2 games, maybe 3. Did you see the difference in field position for Seattle vs. us? Much easier to score a TD from your own 45 than your 2.

A victory against AR could change a lot of this if it turns out to be a turning point. But we need to win more than lose as we finish the season. I do remember Coach Gibbs was hell bent on being a passing team the first 5 games and then realized he had a running team. He changed his offensive approach and well you know what happened. Can that happen twice? Sure. But so far this does not feel like 1981. Those teams were at least disciplined and we had a much better defense and STs.

In the end I just want to win. I don't pretend to know as much about football as the coaches, or anyone really. You guys probably know more Xs and Os than me. But I know winning and losing. I know what I see in terms of a good football team. And this is not a good football, nor does it appear headed in the right direction.

I am typically one of the more optimistic people. But I am just tired of losing. It's gotten so bad that my friends that used to give me a hard time about the Skins now they just feel bad for me. I don't even feel loses for more than a minute anymore. I used to hate losing so bad I was miserable for a week. We lose so much now I can't afford that much energy.

Dial up a win for us manchild! Maybe you can coach them! I seriously think you or I could do better than Haslett!! 

Hail Goskins- I don't know if I could coach the defense but if you and I told them to go do what they think is right I'm sure it wouldn't be any worse than what Haslett has done. I have wanted him gone, actually never wanted him hired, and if this doesn't solidify his firing then I just throw my hands in the air..I just don't get it.Dude, I'm tired of losing too. Gruden deserves a chance to turn this around, maybe he will convince Allen that he needs to clean house on some players and coaches......trying to dial up a win and stay positive but it's hard.

Archived