Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fall To Seahawks, 27-17

So, anyone still think Haslett is our guy on D???  

Yes, the D played better but it could not play worse. There is talent on the team. When it's organized right it can play. But how do you let RW get all those outside runs? Where ia the containment plan? The whole NFL community knew he would run and run and run some more. Everyone knows you beat RW by making him stay i nthe pocket and beat you with his arm, of which he really doesn't have one. The only answer we had for Percy Harvin was the referees. 

BTW: All you tin foil hat folks who think there is a conspiracy against us in terms of penalties (Ok, Ok I have one too), time to throw it out. 

Having said that about the D, they did force 3 straight 3 and outs to start the 2nd half and our Off did nothing!  No Pts for that whole stretch!! (We scored on the opening KO drive, the 3 and outs were after). BTW: Going for the FG was the right call. You just can't come away with nothing after getting that close. 

Special teams continues to be, well special, and not in a good way! 

In the end, we are 1-4! Period! A loss next week in AZ and that's pretty much it! Start working for the draft. A win, and oddly enough it would give us a glimmer of hope. 

Goskins, I agree that Wilson should not have run for 121 yds last night. They should have had keenan Robinson as the guy who stays home and makes Wison his responsibility. 121 yds? Who does he think he is RG3 of 2012?

Anyway, still have to play the games that are left while the rest of the nfc east is saying bye bye to us as they run away and leave us in the cellar. Actually thought the game would be 42-14.

Pierre Garcon has such a nasty attitude when it's game time. Even though we have nothing really good to say about the game, Garcon's treatment of Sherman last night was awesome. 1st time in a scrum Garcon grabbed him by his dreads and nearlyyanked his hair out, second was another scrum where Garcon nearly broke Sherman's skinny neck with a facemask yank that was hidden from the refs. Garcon remembered 2012 when Sherman taunted him the whole game in the playoff loss.

Last night I didn't expect us to win. I hate that I watch a skins game and don't expect to win. So I was able to watch it with minimally high blood pressure and so fairly objectively. Who am I kidding. I want to start by saying that was the weirdest unnecessary roughness call I've ever seen that brought the Percy Harvin TD back. I'm glad it did but WHAT WAS THAT CALL? Now Kirk played like Kirk can play. He played against a superior defense and looked good. He made the right reads. Threw the ball away when there was no open receiver, hit the open receiver and even thread the needle a couple times. Receivers NEED TO CATCH THE BALL when it hits their hands. It didn't happen a lot but one that sticks in my brain is Paulson dropping one early against this Seahawks defense after what Cousins went threw with the Giants. Cousins needed all the help he could get and they weren't. RUN THE BALL! What makes a defense happier than when you become 1 dimensional. It's not just this game. It's been four games. I'm starting to question Gruden's play calling ability when it's not being put in check. I know he is a good offensive coordinator but c'mon man act like it. Out smart your opponent. It's time to put points on the board before they do not after. I've been saying this for a long time Haslett needs to be FIRED! He is horrible. Great You Kept your defense from looking like it did last week. So what. You can't scheme for the team you are playing and you can't make in game adjustments to correct the horrible game plan you brought to the game in first place. Look at his track record even before the Redskins. Safeties, safeties, safeties. Now maybe Bruce Allen will understand what the fans have been talking about for a couple years now. Percy Harvin was not contained at all. We did contain their below average wide outs though so we have that going for us and OUR wide outs did out play the Legion of Boom. That is a great take home from this game. We have a great wide out tandem. We need Reed to come back our receiving core is top notch. To help our run game we need TE who can block. we are outmatched in that department all day long. Poor Alfred had no chance with the designed run plays that required the TE to be his lead blocker. Arizona is not going to be any easier. Bruce Arians is a great coach and likes to stretch the field which is one of our greatest weaknesses, relying on our safeties.

No longer can I bite my tongue....Gruden is an Idiot. Morris only ran 13 times, Why? Because Gruden is an Idiot. Morris has rushed for over 3,000 yards in 2 seasons but has yet to break the century mark in a game this year, why? Because Gruden is an Idiot. The Redskins are a rushing team by nature but only managed a whopping 32 total rushing yards last night, why? Because Gruden is an idiot.  

Why is it that other teams that have a 1st year HC can turn things around & even make the postseason but the Redskins can't? Oh...I know why...because Gruden is an Idiot!

HTTR!!!

How is it that Haslett still has a job? He claimed that he blew chunks the last 4 years because Shanahan handcuffed him. Well, I got news for him, he STILL blows chunks. For a millisecond I thought that he had turn this D around but I must have been high as a M_ _ _ er F_ _ _ er to think that. How do we give up 400+ yards? How is it that we gave up 6.2 yards/rush? How is it we gave up 6.6 yards/pass? How do we give Wilson 100+ yards in RUSHING?!?!? Oh...I know why...because Haslett is a DUMB F_ _ K!

The ONLY silver lining that I can see is that we limited our penalties to 3 & we kept to our average of 3 sacks/game. That's about it.

HTTR!!!

Hail Canada - I figured you would be seething by now. I wanted to disagree and see the bright side. But while I am not ready to toss it in on Gruden just yet I have to mostly agree with your assessment. We are not even trying to do the one thing we do well, run the ball. 

On top of that, when we did run we ran right, where we have not been successful all year! 

I posted what I thought we needed to do after the Giants game and I have not changed my mind. The cornerstone of that plan was twofold:    Fire Jim Haslett and take play calling away from Jay Gruden. 

I am sick and tired of losing. If we lose at Arizona (which I fully expect us to) the season will be over for all intents and purposes. Not exactly what I was looking for when Gruden come in. 

Go skins and canada, while I agree that Haslett needs to be fired, I don't think Gruden has a clue who he could hire. But if he doesn't do it this week I personally need to question his head coaching ability. Also the run game sucks with Niles Paul on the field. The man can't block worth a damn!! But have to give credit where it's due, Kirk did a good job of going thru his reads and looking off the safties.

Go skins and canada, while I agree that Haslett needs to be fired, I don't think Gruden has a clue who he could hire. But if he doesn't do it this week I personally need to question his head coaching ability. Also the run game sucks with Niles Paul on the field. The man can't block worth a damn!! But have to give credit where it's due, Kirk did a good job of going thru his reads and looking off the safties.

At this point in the year, you will not get the person you really want. I would promote Raheem Morris but make it clear, it is interim. He may or may not be considered at the end of the year. He could do a lot for himself by finishing strong. But if it's more of the same, bring in someone else.

Niles Paul is barely a TE. He had a nice game against the Jags, but so is everyone else in the league. I would bring up Ted Bolser and see what he has got. It can't be worse than Paul. If nothing else, maybe he can be more consistent.

Cousins has to win to stay on the field, and I mean really win, not just these so called moral victories. There is no such thing. You either win or lose!  Just like in golf. What is a mulligan called in Scotland??? ......  3 off the tee!! 

I whiffed...I had the game 34-14 Seahawks. Just the fact that in my heart, I had the game going to my team's opponent before the opening kickoff speak volumes. Like me Brother-from-another-mother, Goskins, I'm tired of my team losing year after year with 1 aberration like 2012 thrown in there to keep us coming back, like Pavlov's dog.

Does anyone else wonder if the Redskins got the stupid brother at this point? I'm not sure who's making the personnel decisions but recalling players, letting them play one game, then calling someone else looks "FRANTIC to me and shooting from the hip in player acquisition generally doesn't bode well for the teams future. Our team is a mess right now with no apparent path out of the hole they've dropped into....again. Maybe one day it won't be so darn hard to be a lifelong Redskins fan...

Erad

I think as far as Gruden goes I think he should be calling the plays. I think he should stop drinking his Bengals Kool-Aid and realize he has a top 5 back that he needs to feed the ball too. Now I thought we should have went after Zimmer for head coach. Our offense has been alright right along and that's seems to get all the attention while our defense is crap and our coordinator is crap. I'm not sure how he continues to keep getting jobs in the NFL. I can't help but think if we didn't go after Desean Jackson could we have afforded a better safety and the answer I keep coming up with is YES. Andre Roberts is a really good number 2 and we should have been satisfied with the improvements at receiver to fix our patch work line or shoddy secondary. This year has been a head scratcher for sure.

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said..."I would bring up Ted Bolser and see what he has got."

Well this is the latest..."To make room for Beauharnais, the team released practice squad tight end Ted Bolser"

Sorry pal, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

HTTR!!

Not that important to me to be honest. I was responding to another post. Just thought we had a need at TE might want to give our draft pick a chance. But WTF do I know??

I know Niles Paul is a bandaid at best. And no matter how good he is on STs, he can't be that good because our STs suck! To me, he has one of several wasted roster spots.

heres where we are at, beat/mauled the the bad team jags then held our own lost to good teams texans sheagles ,seabuzzards  and brain farted against the gnats . i know Gruden wants to pass the ball but news flash it aint the hogs blockingfor ya, its some paper mache version of a wannabe oline. it seems like we have problems on all three units .man we run into any elite teams  SMH!!!! :wacko:

Archived