Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avp

Glenn X

As in Alien vs. Predator. Click here to check out the film's teaser trailer (as well as a brief behind-the-scenes featurette hosted by the film's writer-director, Paul Anderson):

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/

At the moment, my only complaint concerning AVP is Anderson's inexplicable decision to hire the same idiots who did the lame creature FX for Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection rather than makeup FX whiz Stan Winston, who won an Oscar for his excellent work on Aliens before moving on to Predator and Predator 2.

P.S. "Avp"? Uh, that's supposed to be "AVP." That's how I typed it. Damn gremlins.

Originally posted by CrankyTodd

Starring Tre Johnson as the Predator's shorter, fatter, out of shape little brother.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Originally posted by endzone_dave

I'll be cheering for the Aliens in this one. They don't rely on gadgets and fancy weapons.

How can you not regard that mouth-within-a-mouth a weapon?! Go Predator!

Originally posted by endzone_dave

Predators are punks. I can't wait to see one get impregnated and have a little Alien pop out of it's stomach.

None other than Paul Anderson himself has confirmed that this will happen in the movie, producing what aficionados of the AVP computer games have termed a Predalien (below on left):

PredatorPredalien.jpg

Nasty!

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

This is actually a movie? :doh:

Yes, it is. And you're not the only one who's dismayed. James Cameron, writer and director of Aliens had this to say of AVP:

"I said [to Fox], 'Look, that's Wolfman meets Frankenstein. It's like when you're cleaning out the closet [at the studio], and you find these poor old relic films down at the bottom and you put two of them together... So whenever you're ready to pronounce the [Alien] franchise dead, you go and make that film. I'm sure they're not going to like that comment, but that's the way I feel about it. Let's not pronounce it dead yet."

Cameron went on to say that he'd like to do a new Alien movie, but only if Fox abandoned AVP first. Well, that was about 6 months ago, and AVP is about to start principal photography in Prague, so Cameron obviously didn't win over Fox. And while I'd really, really love to see Cameron return to the franchise and make a new Alien movie, I think he's being too harsh on AVP as a concept. I think if he'd read any of Dark Horse Comics' AVP comic books, which date back to 1989, he'd realize that there are some really interesting and provocative ideas to be explored via this premise. For example, in the comic books, the question of where the xenomorphs (a.k.a. aliens) originally came from is answered: the Predators created them because they wanted something more formidable to hunt. :yikes:

Originally posted by Glenn X

For example, in the comic books, the question of where the xenomorphs (a.k.a. aliens) originally came from is answered: the Predators created them because they wanted something more formidable to hunt. :yikes:

DUDE!! Awsome stuff...!!

Archived