Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Quick Takes: Week 2 vs. Jaguars

KDawg

WRT Paul....think he may be coming around.  Every receiver drops the occasional pass.....Garcon had a couple of drops as well as DJ on Sunday.  But the past couple of weeks, seems to me as if Paul may be more of a success story this season, maybe finally living up to some of the expectations that Shanny placed on him when he was moved from WR to TE.  Especially with the absence of Reed, and the limitations of the Lumberjack at TE.....perfect opportunity for Paul to excel.

Man, DJax didn't drop that ball. The refs got that call completely wrong. Twice. I couldn't believe they reviewed it and still got it wrong. And how about that hack of a "ref expert" Mike Carey that they kept consulting after obviously bad calls and he just repeated exactly what the refs said and was like, "yep, good call." I hate to say it because I'm no fan of Fox, but outside Simms and Nance, CBS is amateur.

I beg to differ... I just complained. And it's not that I don't want him to be good. It's that I still haven't seen enough, in my opinion, to prove he's different. Rough hands and fumbles in two weeks. The TD was nice and the yards are good. Mixed bag so far.

Hope he continues to get better, though!

He said in an interview with Cooley and Czabe that he didn't feel comfortable as a TE until this offseason.  Part of the issue I'm sure, a boost of confidence from Gruden another.  I hope he does continue to develop because he could give us that pass catching option depth at that position.

I liked the way that Gruden and staff changed the gameplan from the first to second week.  I know that seems like a dumb thing to say, but I just didn't feel like that happened all that much with coordinators in the past.

He said in an interview with Cooley and Czabe that he didn't feel comfortable as a TE until this offseason.  Part of the issue I'm sure, a boost of confidence from Gruden another.  I hope he does continue to develop because he could give us that pass catching option depth at that position.

I liked the way that Gruden and staff changed the gameplan from the first to second week.  I know that seems like a dumb thing to say, but I just didn't feel like that happened all that much with coordinators in the past.

They really had a great game plan for the Jaguars. It does seem obvious to say when you score 41 points and get about 30 first downs. But from the very first play, that read option, everything went right.

Jay emphasized the run game after letting it get away from him the week before. Him responding to that mistake is a good sign to me too.

And I agree that Niles does look different. It looks like something's clicked for him and his confidence has been really high. He's made it so we haven't really missed Jordan Reed. It's refreshing when a young tweener player like him actually starts to figure it out and become a good player. Good thing for him he survived the switch to TE too, because he was never going to make it just playing WR.

Man, DJax didn't drop that ball. The refs got that call completely wrong. Twice. I couldn't believe they reviewed it and still got it wrong. And how about that hack of a "ref expert" Mike Carey that they kept consulting after obviously bad calls and he just repeated exactly what the refs said and was like, "yep, good call." I hate to say it because I'm no fan of Fox, but outside Simms and Nance, CBS is amateur.

Didn't Carey say that the call (for D Jax) was incorrect and that it should be overruled?

Archived