Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hankerson: ‘I’m Out Here Grinding Every Day’

okay with Garcon and Jackson the obvious starters does Hankerson move to #3 or does Moss hold that position with Hankerson and Robinson at #4 and #5 does a rookie make the team ,will they keep 6 wrs .

there are some Questions here ...... any thoughts ?

okay with Garcon and Jackson the obvious starters does Hankerson move to #3 or does Moss hold that position with Hankerson and Robinson at #4 and #5 does a rookie make the team ,will they keep 6 wrs .

there are some Questions here ...... any thoughts ?

I think you are forgetting about Andre Roberts. He is the clear #3. I believe Moss is a done deal at #4 due to leadership and versatility. You really need a cagey veteran back up to help the young guys. I am almost certain they will keep 6 WRs as Gruden had 6 WRs in 2011, 12, and 13. There is no way Ryan Grant doesn't make the team as he would not clear waivers. That leaves Robinson or Hank for 1 spot. I think Hank has a very good chance of starting on the PUP. That leaves AR for the last spot,,,, or does it?  I truly believe Cody Hoffman makes the team. I said so when we signed him as an UDFA. That leaves AR as the odd man out, well as part of the odd men out.

I see the opening day WRs as - Djax/Garcon (1 or 2), Roberts, Moss, Grant (he could 4), and Hoffman.

That's just me.

Garcon/DJax, Roberts/Robinson, Grant/Hankerson, if Hanks not ready he goes to IR and Moss stays. They have to look at the fact that Moss will need to be replaced with a younger player...and it seems like he's the only old guy on the receivibg corp. Play the young guys!

It doesn't sound like he is ready to practice. Maybe an early Active/PUP candidate. Maybe not a bad idea.

Well, I'm usually pretty far out of the box - that being said -

If they put Hank on the Active/PUP during camp he can't practice but won't be part of the head count. As long as he does not practice before preason ends that preserves his PUP option for the beginning of the season (Reserve/PUP). Still can't practice - still doesn't count against the 53.

Active/PUP can go active anytime after he receives medical clearance but the team does not have to. Reserve/PUP would be for first 6 weeks of the season then the skins get three weeks to come to a decision; IR; cut(trade) or activate (then he would count against the 53).

So - they could hold on to him for quite awhile as insurance while evaluating the rest of the WR pool and still not affect the roster. Still counts against the cap but that really isn't an issue. Anyway, something to keep in mind if he hangs on the PUP during camp for awhile before people start screaming about getting rid of him. He could be pretty much a spare - till he starts to practice; something to watch for.

Me - not as smart as the guys that get paid for this but he would be my (#7) WR and stay on PUP until I had a good long look at what 1 thru 6 were and then take it from there. I mean, they could push this up through as far as week 6 of the regular season and still not affect the 53 man roster.

Lot's of different scenarios COULD transpire but they all revolve around the great "what if"----injuries. As it stands today, I agree with Goskins's order (which pretty much reflects everyone's common sense order) but who's to say that someone won't tweak a knee or twist an ankle.....I won't even mention anything worse...bad karma. I sure like seeing the younger guys, and we've got some really good ones, get their teeth cut with the likes of Moss, Garcon and DJ. The thing that I'll be watching, is who of the lower 3rd of the WR's makes the team. The better THOSE guys are, the better the whole team will be. Starters are important obviously but if they can have a guy come in off the bench and get separation & go get the ball, THAT's going to be the difference in several games this year I believe. Come on Summer!!

Hail erad -

like you said about injuries; that's why I think Hank will get PUPed as far as they can go; he'll be their #7 WR without being on the 53. 

About 35 or so pass attempts per game - whose gonna see the bulk of those - Garcon, Jackson, Roberts & Reed. 25 to 30 right there. That's not gonna leave a lot of leftovers to spread around so the last three WRs don't need to be leaned on. A good time to bring up some young guys.

Hank saw about 5 attempts a game his way last year - if healthy he wouldn't see that many this year - no rush for him.

Grant & Hoffman in; Grant will step in for Moss by next year; Hoffman doesn't need to do much except block & look good on his 2 or 3 shots he might get a game.

Speaking of TE's....Everyone is assuming that Jordan Reed is going to last the season. I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's concussion prone. There was an article on NFL.COM that said he's had at least 4 already (dating back to university) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000356187/article/redskins-jordan-reed-admits-he-hid-concussion-in-13 He's shown some real promise, no doubt, but for him to take snaps away from the WR's he NEEDS to be on the field. I just don't know he's going to be there for the long haul.

HTTR!!!

Archived