Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV In The Garage or Outside - Your Set-Up/Advice

Dont Taze Me Bro

So I am in Raleigh and a bunch of people in our neighborhood have TV's outside.  What you have to worry about is the moisture getting into it and causing it to fry.

I had looked into putting one outside and getting a TV that was designed for it but those are crazy $$ because they are sealed shut and have special fans to vent the heat out.

Most of the people here just keep theirs covered and bring it inside during July and then also during the winter.  If it goes it goes so they usually get theirs from Costco or BJ's or another discount place.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I just looked at the prices for the outdoor ones, $1500 for a 32".......ouch lol.  I paid $170 for the new one, which is cheap.  An outside TV might be out of the question for me.  

Step one: Air conditioning...not fans. Window unit is acceptable.

I can not imagine that as my cave.

It wasnt going to be my primary cave.  But, after thinking about it more and reading through the replies, I think Im gonna put the new TV in my office as it's a lot better TV than the one in there.  And move the old TV in the garage to use when I work out as I don't care too much if it gets damaged.  

The temp specs on most of the LCD/LED TVs are -4 to 140F for storage/shipping and 32-110F operating temps.  I know it gets humid around here, but my garage stays dry for the most part.  Just keep it simple that way lol.  

And reclaim my mother ****ing man cave back above the garage.  

Like I said, this is a very popular (and troubling) thing in Texas. And the only way to do it and not die is to have the garage door open while the game is on.

Never seen it myself, wouldn't the mosquitos carry off the carrion?

Sounds about as bright as a outdoor wedding in July

Archived