Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what's your F/A philosophy based on market value vs. need for 2014?

nemocystem

Secondary was garbage because of injuries, youth and coaching.  We essentially rolled out the same guys with some rookie additions and a free agent (Biggers).  The main culprit was the front 7.  Lack of consistant pressure and sacks doomed a weakened secondary.  Look at Carolina, great front 7, meh secondary, great overall defense. Let's see how Carolina does without Greg Hardy and his 15 sacks next year.  But, I do agree that we should still look to upgrade the secondary, but my main priority is the front 7.

In free agency, get FS and ILB.  If we can get starters in these two positions, the D will be much better.  Hopefully some rookies, practice squad players and 2nd tier free agents can also make a push.  On offense, we need to improve our oline first.  My choice would be to get a free agent RT and then use our 2nd or 3rd round draft pick on the interior line.  An early 2nd rounder can often get the 2nd best guard or center in draft.  Bring in some WRs free agents, but if the line is improved, then don't break the bank on the WRs.  One extra second of time for Robert will make our WRs much better. 

I want Emannuel Sanders as a slot/return guy and just pay Decker and TJ ward if he isn't franchised. Draft a guard in the 2nd round.

Trade cousins to the texans for DJ Swearinger. Cut every other WR in the team we can. Cut Bowen, cut carriker. Cut Chester. Pay Greg Hardy if he makes it to free agency (I don't care how much). Let Orakpo go. Better off overpaying hardy than orakpo.

Few other small moves and we are good to go.

Call me crazy but by clearing that cap space plus the extra we get this year and that all seems plausible.

So Byrd, Hardy, & Graham get the tag...still waiting to see about Orakpo.

Still wouldn't rule out a trade..say franchise Rak, & swap for Byrd...but I would say those options are out. Ward is the best Safety left, Decker is interesting, but too expensive imho.

Given who seems to still be available, I would probably shift my pursuit to an OT, or OG (might be okay with going hard at that Bengals LT), & then Verrener.

Revis is intriguing. ...could be persuaded to go after him in a trade (if he would consider a slight pay-cut), & then focus on DL, & ILB in the draft. Just not sure what TB's asking price would be at this point.

I'm officially in "wait & see" mode, & just want FA to start already. The anticipation is killing me.

The only position im really set on in regard to this topic is wide receiver. Wrs will be overpaid (to what I think they're worth) in free agency.

this draft is very strong at wide receiver. I think we'll be able to find a receiver better than anyone on our team not named garcon within the first 4-5 rounds. Heck I think we might be able to find an undrafted receiver than can make the team.

Archived