Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins LT Trent Williams via Chris Russell Twitter: 99% of locker room wants [Mike Shanahan] back [in 2014]

Boss_Hogg

ROFL @ people blaming this all on RG3. Sorry to say, but most franchise players(especially QB's) get special treatment. It's nothing new.

When you have a "source" leaking that this is an issue to the head coach, oddly enough during a terrible season, you begin to wonder where that's really coming from.

Yes, RG3 regressed...but that's to be expected after major knee surgery and quite frankly, poor coaching.

Here is what I don't understand about this cap hit...  We went to the playoffs last year and who did we lose?  Madoo-doo Williams and Lorenzo Alexander.  We gained Orakpo who was hurt last year....  So why did we not have a better season this year?  If you think that it is all RG3 not progressing then that is why Shanahan needed to be fired.  If your whole season relies on 1 person then you suck as a director of player personnel and as a coach.....

Here is what I don't understand about this cap hit...  We went to the playoffs last year and who did we lose?  Madoo-doo Williams and Lorenzo Alexander.  We gained Orakpo who was hurt last year....  So why did we not have a better season this year?  If you think that it is all RG3 not progressing then that is why Shanahan needed to be fired.  If your whole season relies on 1 person then you suck as a director of player personnel and as a coach.....

Look at the packers, they sucked without Aaron Rodgers and they are a vastly better team than us.

They didn't suck, they won enough games to stay in the playoff race and eventually won the division. 

That is a totally false statement to make.

They dont have the second worst special teams in history or one of the worst defenses in the league. 

Mike runs a very laid back training camp and practice so no wonder the players "Like and love him" I would love my boss too if he was easy. Mike didn't hold players accountable. He let a lot of **** slide. Players on the redskins are way too comfortable and got away with a lot of nonsense.

The nice guy act that mike put is the reason why you saw the undisciplined play,the lack of execution, drops, miss tackles, special teams miscues. You don't have to be an ass to people and disrespect them but you have to hold people accountable and drive them to get the best out of them.

Shanahan is a lot of things but 'easy' isn't one of them. With all due respect, I think this is a pretty inaccurate read of Shanahan. He doesn't let players get away with nonsense -- he commands professionalism at all times. A minute late for a meeting? Fine. Parking over the line? Fine.

Players that don't commit themselves 100% like Fred Davis or Joshua Morgan or Devin Thomas or Albert Haynesworth get put in the doghouse. Santana Moss' dropped passes aren't due to undisciplined play or a lack of professionalism/effort, but simply eroding skill (hand-eye coordination is the first thing to go with aging receivers, even before leg speed).

I'd say Shanahan does hold his players accountable and this is why his players respect him. But he doesn't baby them, and he hasn't (in the past) had to be that screamer or demeanor to lead his team. Like a lot of 'players' coaches, Dungy, Lovie Smith, etc. .. not that Shanahan is at that level.

Well I would never say hes a good coach. I believe he really is average. Troy Aikman swears Norv Turner is one of the best offensive minds hes ever worked with. Steve Young saying the same thing about Shanahan comes off the same way to me. I take it with a grain of salt, just like anyone else in the business. No matter what they say, they're people too and sometimes have clouded judgement based on personal experiences and biases.

Well, Norv Turner is pretty much universally acknowledged in the NFL world as one of the most brilliant offensive minds of his generation. Doesn't make him a great head coach, but it's why he kept getting head coaching jobs.

Look at the packers, they sucked without Aaron Rodgers and they are a vastly better team than us.

Did they win?  We had the same team and did not win anything 0-6 in the division and 1-12 in the conf is beyond terrible (with the same team from a year ago)....  So basically you are saying that we cannot win without RG3???  That is a terrible team then

Shanahan is a lot of things but 'easy' isn't one of them. With all due respect, I think this is a pretty inaccurate read of Shanahan. He doesn't let players get away with nonsense -- he commands professionalism at all times. A minute late for a meeting? Fine. Parking over the line? Fine.

Players that don't commit themselves 100% like Fred Davis or Joshua Morgan or Devin Thomas or Albert Haynesworth get put in the doghouse. Santana Moss' dropped passes aren't due to undisciplined play or a lack of professionalism/effort, but simply eroding skill (hand-eye coordination is the first thing to go with aging receivers, even before leg speed).

I'd say Shanahan does hold his players accountable and this is why his players respect him. But he doesn't baby them, and he hasn't (in the past) had to be that screamer or demeanor to lead his team. Like a lot of 'players' coaches, Dungy, Lovie Smith, etc. .. not that Shanahan is at that level.

Well, Norv Turner is pretty much universally acknowledged in the NFL world as one of the most brilliant offensive minds of his generation. Doesn't make him a great head coach, but it's why he kept getting head coaching jobs.

So all of Niles Paul's Personal Fouls that were overlooked for over a season or more shows what?  I think there are a lot of examples about how Shanny was NOT very hard on his players. if he was hard on Haynesworth, you think he would have gotten more than just told to sit? 

So all of Niles Paul's Personal Fouls that were overlooked for over a season or more shows what?  I think there are a lot of examples about how Shanny was NOT very hard on his players. if he was hard on Haynesworth, you think he would have gotten more than just told to sit? 

Are you one of the ones who wanted Perry Riley cut when he had those 2 special teams penalties that negated touchdowns/huge returns his rookie year?

Penalties happen, personal fouls happen. We're not around to see what happens behind the scenes and in the lockerroom so we shouldn't pretend to be.

Haynesworth, need I remind you, played plenty for Shanahan. He was only suspended those last 4 games. He played more for Shanny than he did in New England and then in Tampa.

So 15 years. Give me a break. Snyder is the worst. Do I really need to go through the list of things he has done to ruin this once proud franchise?

It matters that you get the timeline right because we weren't winning after Gibbs, Snyder or not.  Nothing you said, well your response wasn't much of a substantive counter, so there's nothing there to respond to.

Archived