Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eating advice

daviddsims

If you are trying to trim fat, I would combine a lot of these great tips with the Mafetone Method to help burn fat. 

http://www.philmaffetone.com/what-is-the-maffetone-method

Burning Body Fat

One specific goal of the Maffetone Method is to increase the burning of body fat to provide high levels of physical and mental energy, and prevent the accumulation of excess stored fat and weight. Most of the body’s energy for daily living comes from the conversion of both sugar (glucose) and fat to energy (in the form of ATP). Some people rely on larger amounts of fat, with the result of high physical and mental vigor, improved health, and better all-around performance. Those less able to burn sufficient fat must rely more on sugar, resulting in less fat burning each day—a problem associated with reduced health, including low energy, increased body fat and weight, less endurance for daily living, and lower physical fitness

I have been following an almost competely meat free diet for almost forty days now and running almost every day, I have really trimmed down a lot.   The first week of eating nothign but vegtables left me starving, each week since then, I have found my appetite has gone waaaaay down and I have been running a lot lighter.

This is another website that I found helpful.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/

I honestly have a hard time believing how healthy everybody seems to eat.... by comparison, i am a troglodite.

Yesterday, my breakfast was eggs and cheese and ham on a bagel.... followed by a danish, and then some pumpkin pie with ice cream.  I didn't have lunch, because i was at the movie theater watching the hobbit... so i ate a bunch of candy and chocolate instead.  I came home and had 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, some leftover pizza and tomato soup around 430 pm.   at around 630 we had spagetti and meatballs for dinner, with garlic bread, and then some ice cream with butter-caramel and whipped cream.  And then i had a bunch cheese and crackers and chips... while i watched tv before bed.   ..... and i snack...alll....day.... long.....

am i really the only one?

Lol, nope.  I do eat well during the week (minus the last couple weeks where I ate holiday treats pretty much everyday).  However, on Friday night and Saturday night I'm not strict at all.  I'll eat pizza or ice cream or whatever.  Not crazy amounts of junk, but nothing's off limit as far as meal selection.  No way I could eat perfect 100% of the time.  My goal is to eat clean the majority of the time and make sure that even when I eat a crap meal, I've eaten plenty of veggies that day and I go back to eating well after that meal.  

Archived