Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on the John Thompson show

jbooma

Looks like it will be archived.

http://www.sportstalk980.com/thompson.htm

The last few guests on there have pictures, with mp3 links underneath. Just have to wait to update it.

If Lavar steps up the defensive effort and Ramsey or someone gets the offense together, bringing in our "special coaches", this could be the start of things.

On Sportscenter tonight, they were talking about Vermeil's 3-yr. plans. He said the second year is when they start to believe. The third year is when it all comes together. We are almost exactly half way into the Spurrier 3 yr plan. And people here wanted to fire him? Give me a break!

I can see this team coming out and SMOKING Dallas and putting a little run together.

Of course, I'm optimistic. Optimistic that we can learn to block a DE with a T. Optimistic we can learn to play more disciplined D and find a pass rush. Optimistic that we just might be that team that has an epiphany, and goes out and makes a run.

You think these guys like losing? We are going to find out who our players are. And those boys are going to get us back in it.

Why not us???

Originally posted by jbooma

Lavar said he wished he played football when Sonny and Sam played, back then people cared more about the game then money!!!! He said I would trade my salary just to play when the game was important to the players. DAM that was sad in a way.

Yeah will see when his contracts up how he feels then... Baileys the type of guy that lavars talking about...

No doubt Lavar is the heart & soul of the team which is good, but he is also appears to be the brain & mind of the team as well, his undisciplined play pretty much sums up how this team plays.

If this team can channel their aggresiveness properly & think a little out there we'll be OK.

Originally posted by Om

By the way, guys ... I think my man BCS kinda got everybody all riled up about the "crying" part. :)

LaVar sounded hoarse, and dejected, and tired, and because of that his normally slow drawl came across even more laconic that I've generally heard, but the man was not crying.

Not sayin' that's a good thing or a bad thing ... but there it is.

Om,

Hate to disagree with you here, but at the beginning of the interview Lavar was speaking very clearly and there was not a bit of hoarseness in his voice. Once Doc started drilling him, Lavar indeed began crying, there was no question about it. Sure, he wasn't weeping, but he was most certainly upset and getting very emotional while answering Doc's questions.

On another note, is anyone else convinced that "rellim" is a troll of some sort? His posts are largely negative and often factually inaccurate. He's been a fan of "Levar" since Penn State, but hasn't figured out how to spell his name yet? Give me a break.

Originally posted by skinsplayboy

Yeah will see when his contracts up how he feels then... Baileys the type of guy that lavars talking about...

I think Bailey was the player that Lavar and Spurrier were both talking about. He has been beaten for 3 td's by the same play 3 times in 2 weeks :(

Originally posted by jsichol

On Sportscenter tonight, they were talking about Vermeil's 3-yr. plans. He said the second year is when they start to believe. The third year is when it all comes together. We are almost exactly half way into the Spurrier 3 yr plan. And people here wanted to fire him? Give me a break!

There was actually no mention of a 3 year plan last year. Which means we are really halfway through the first year of a 3 year plan....

btw that interview...

:allhail:

Lavar is the man! I hope they replay that interview to the whole team.

The fact of the matter is, we have no heart or soul within our defense. That's the problem.

I personally saw Levar overrun Doug Johnson twice, and McNabb at least once. He's dropped 3 or 4 potential INTs. However, knowone is blaming Levar for all of the defensive troubles. But he is one of them. He is undisciplined, and in the NFL, undiciplined play leads to poor play. It is a reflection of character especially when you reject discipline from Marvin Lewis, who has coached Linebackers who are far better than Lavar has ever been. He had success in Lewis' system, but he didn't like Marvin Lewis because Marvin Lewis didn't want him to freelance. He didn't suck it up. He took cheap shot, after cheap shot til this day at Marvin Lewis, who was only trying to make him a better player. Why ***** at all, be man and accept knowlege and experience and learn from it. There's a difference between being tough, and talking tough.

The ball bounces funny, you can't expect every fumble to be recovered by his teamates. Sunday, Bledsoe dropped the ball right in front of Arrington and he recovered it. WOW!! Levar did a great job of poking the ball away from Sam Gash on the sideline, but the thing is Sam Gash shouldn't be catching passes for 10-15 yard gains against anyone, much less a "top 3" linebacker.

You're being foolish if you think Levar is the only guy on our team who cares about winning. Stop over dramatizing Levar and his comments. Actions always have, and always will speak louder than words. He commits unsportsmanlike penalties time after time, then tells the coaches he's sorry and won't do it again. The next game he's commited another one. I believe that you can show restraint when you hit a man 5 to 6 yards out of bounds. I don't see Ray Lewis consistently making plays like that at all.

When you say things like "HE" stopped the Bucs from getting into the endzone, you are basically saying that he is doing things all by himself, which is the farthest thing from the truth. I've watcher Levar quit on a lot of plays, or wait for the next man to make the tackle. He's got a long way to go to become a truely elite LB.

These guys are better than Levar, and there are probably a few i'm forgetting:

Ray Lewis

Derrick Brooks

Brian Urlacher

Takeo Spikes

Dexter Coakley

Kendrell Bell

Keith Brooking

He isn't better than any of the players i've listed above, and a few of those players play tougher posistions like MLB. He may have more athletic ability than some of them, but Levar isn't smart enough to be in the top 5 LB's in the league.

You're basically an apologist for on field behavior that should not be tolerated. It's gonna take more than Levar crying on the radio about his and the teams play for me to respect him totally.

LaVar and other so called stars on this team will never amount to much unless they do less talking and more listening.

These guys are Huge superstars to the fans, but why? What have they done? Listening to some, you would think LaVar was the greatest linebacker in the game today? Why? What has he possibly done to make anyone think that?

Archived