Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Hypothetical Question: If Shanahan Was To Be Fired, How Do You Think Most Observers/critics Would View That Decision?

Commander PK

Hypothetical Question (Regardless of how rest of season plays out)  

87 members have voted

1. 1. If Shanahan was to be fired, how do you think most observers/critics would view that decision?

• Justifiable decision. 4 full seasons is more than enough time to produce a consistent winning Football team.
    • Poor/Impatient decision. 4 full seasons is not enough time to fix one of the worst run organizations in Football, and overcome a crippling 36 million dollar cap penalty.

If Snyder fires Shanahan that will probably be the end for me.  There's not one coach out there that will excite me and give me hope of a better future.  No college coaches...not even Nick Saban....no retreads like Gruden, Lovie Smith etc...no up and coming flavor of the month co-ordinator will excite me.

Not even RG3 excites me anymore....see too many flaws in his game.

Only thing that would work is to use that $36 million cap space wisely on free agents under age 28...hire a new DC like Lovie Smith or see if we can get Mike Nolan....let them hire their own assistants and get rid of Raheem Morris....and find a real special teams coach. Then hope the scouts can continue to find those late round gems like Jordan Reed and Alfred Morris.

And to really stir up the hornets nest...trade RG3 for a 1st and 2nd plus a player.  If the Browns wanted him that bad they can give up one of their two 1st..a 2nd and Josh Gordon. I'd take that any day.

I think Cousins may surprise alot of people someday.

No way we ever think about trading our franchise QB. Did you see how RG3 looked when he didn't have a defender in his face? He looked spectacular. Once New York started blitzing, our offensive line couldn't handle it, it was over. RG3 or any QB is useless behind a struggling oline. A less mobile Cousins would be in a casket behind this offensive line.

Archived