Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nearly Beat On Similar Plays Two Weeks In A Row.....need To Find Adjustment

NoCalMike

I thought this thread was going to be about how exploited we constantly are at screens, WR screens particularly after last week and the Allen touchdown. As it turns out, this thread is about something else we are constantly exploited with. Crap...

yeah, and i thought it was gonna be the "pick" play that resulted in touchdowns both weeks, where one receiver gets in the way of the linebacker as the other receiver crosses in front and goes uncovered.

To posters demanding haslett to play predominately press man, we tried that in Denver and they ran pick routes with great success in the 2nd half.

We are weak in the middle because Fletcher just doesn't have any left in the tank to cover guys. It's all personnel, the defense will be rebuilt, the scheme works when players show up to play i.e (Deangelo Hall). 

As a D-Coordinator you have to play man and zone coverage even if you're weak at one of those schemes because you have to keep the offense guessing and pray you get a turnover.

Be patient at 3-5 we still have a chance to make this year respectable ladies and gentleman. 

Archived