Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Waive Pat White, Sign Potter

Disappointing but not a surprise. I felt it was going to happen once Jackson and Jenkins returned. I wonder how much interest he'll make out there in FA.

well they know he is still a project,needs to get more accurate on deeper throws but i wonder if they told him ,don't pack your bags too fast 

All i got to say is big disappointment and surprise. Shanny, you dang sure better hope RGIII and Cousins do not go down, in the Bay game, because if that happens, the Redskins are done.. Rex will not cut it.

If we lose RG3 and Cousins, Pat White wouldn't cut it.

Even if you thought Pat White could cut it, we don't dress 3 QB's on Sunday.

If we lose RG3 and Cousins, Pat White wouldn't cut it.

Even if you thought Pat White could cut it, we don't dress 3 QB's on Sunday.

You are absolutely right chipwhich. Pat White was never anything more than trade bait and someone to emulate vick in practice. I said when we kept him that he would never last past week 4, if he even made it that far. 

If we get down to our 3rd str QB, the season is most likely o ver already. White was a nice story and I hope he gets a chance. We may even sign him again if there are injuries. But he is a long way from being anything but a scrub. 

well here is the crux of the situation if we were down to starting a #3 qb and needed a couple of wins/starts  until #1or #2 gets back what would you rather have ,an experienced vet who has been to a superbowl or a raw talent RG3 clone.

as much as it pains me to say rex would be the choice crossing my fingers that we get good rex not bad turnoversuarus rex.

White needs more development ,just wish he could have been put on the practice squad ,Miami was so bad they used 4 different qbs and didn't use White properly trying use him in that wildcat formation which you don't see much anymore and they burned up his practice squad time ..

now kicking is getting muddled again forbath's injury signing another kicker and Rocca's punting has been atrocious  contributing to give the Sheagles easy scoring opportunities .

but with all that the Sheagles didn't really beat us as which we beat ourselves .

As for that game  ,i say "Mulligan " and consider it 5th preseason game  

SSSSSSOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LETS GO SLICE SOME PACKER CHEESE OF THEIR HEADS !!!!

HAIL to the REDSKINS!!!

P.S. i just heard on the (N)imrod (F)ootball (L)eague network that some of the talking heads saying the cowturds will make the playoffs AGAIN . I wish they would stop beating that dead horse or they will have the animal cops after them for animal abuse LOL!!!

I don't know whether to be surprised or not. He cost us nothing, we have a surplus of QBs & we need a kicker so I suppose I shouldn't be. On the other hand... "28-of-50 passes for 330 yards and added 19 rushing attempts for 103 yards with three rushing touchdowns." I thought he did well in preseason, those numbers aren't terrible. I thought he could have brought a new wrinkle to the O. An RG3 type of player that's expendable. I new we probably weren't going to keep 4 QBs for long, but I had hoped that if we were going to cut one of them loose it would have been the other backup to the backup.

HTTR!!!

well talking about a dead horse we have beat this subject to hell and back  Rex does need to go or go to coaching we need that spot to develope a qb for the future #2 spot but it still pians ,me to think that we need rex with all his flaws for an emergency start or two !!!

i've said this before Doughty and Rex are like super glue ,sticks everywhere but where you want it !! they are like cats with nine lives !!!

Yes, we have beaten this every which way but sunday. But with all due respect, until people get it through thier thick skulls that rex is not going anywhere and that as a 3rd string QB there are no better options, we will continue to argue about it.

Who would you like to get to replace him? Who gives us a better chance to win as a 3rd string QB? And I am tired of that defeatist - the season is over...   garbage! Are you saying if Cousins and RGIII both get injured we just give up on the season??  If yes, then go watch tennis or something less volitie. If no, then who out there gives us a better chance to win? Who do you want to develop? Pat White is a nice kid. I like his story and even was rooting for him to make the team. But he is small and is horribly inaccurate on medium to long passes. Tebow? He is not an NFL QB! He has proved that on 3 times. Jamarcus Russell? Please, don;t get me started on that piece of garbage! Vince Young? Head case from you know where! Stop thinking with your heart and how much you hate rex and start thinking with your brain! Rex is the best 3rd string QB in the league! There are no better optinos or they would be on the team!!!!

Also about reed, he is a very good STs players who can also help at S when needed. Is he ever going to make it to a probowl? No! But you need "back-ups" that are versitile, experienced, and are team oriented guys. Everyone needs to get the Andre Johnson catch out of their minds and realize Reed makes solid contributions to this team on STs and yes on D, maybe not all on the field but he is helping the team. If he didn't - wait for it -  HE WOULD NOT BE ON THE TEAM!!!!!   MS and JH would cut him quicker than you can say dallas sucks!!  

Seriously, they are both Redskins and will be for the forseable future! Let me say that again - THEY ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!!  Let's stop trashing them because we don't like the guys and remember there are people paid to make these decisions and they seem to think these are our best options!!   It's just possible they know a little more than we do!

Yes, we have beaten this every which way but sunday. But with all due respect, until people get it through thier thick skulls that rex is not going anywhere and that as a 3rd string QB there are no better options, we will continue to argue about it.

Who would you like to get to replace him? Who gives us a better chance to win as a 3rd string QB? And I am tired of that defeatist - the season is over...   garbage! Are you saying if Cousins and RGIII both get injured we just give up on the season??  If yes, then go watch tennis or something less volitie. If no, then who out there gives us a better chance to win? Who do you want to develop? Pat White is a nice kid. I like his story and even was rooting for him to make the team. But he is small and is horribly inaccurate on medium to long passes. Tebow? He is not an NFL QB! He has proved that on 3 times. Jamarcus Russell? Please, don;t get me started on that piece of garbage! Vince Young? Head case from you know where! Stop thinking with your heart and how much you hate rex and start thinking with your brain! Rex is the best 3rd string QB in the league! There are no better optinos or they would be on the team!!!!

Also about reed, he is a very good STs players who can also help at S when needed. Is he ever going to make it to a probowl? No! But you need "back-ups" that are versitile, experienced, and are team oriented guys. Everyone needs to get the Andre Johnson catch out of their minds and realize Reed makes solid contributions to this team on STs and yes on D, maybe not all on the field but he is helping the team. If he didn't - wait for it -  HE WOULD NOT BE ON THE TEAM!!!!!   MS and JH would cut him quicker than you can say dallas sucks!!  

Seriously, they are both Redskins and will be for the forseable future! Let me say that again - THEY ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON!!!  Let's stop trashing them because we don't like the guys and remember there are people paid to make these decisions and they seem to think these are our best options!!   It's just possible they know a little more than we do!

hail goskins,

actually there are no better options for either player at the moment .basically Grossman is an on field coach  since they don't have suited up/active for games  and doughty still has coverage handicaps but they have him playing in a position that maximizes the abilities so he is playing better. i'm with you in saying they are team guys and don't complain ,i would take 53 Grossmans and Doughtys  over 53 haynesworthless and mcnuggets

All i got to say is big disappointment and surprise. Shanny, you dang sure better hope RGIII and Cousins do not go down, in the Bay game, because if that happens, the Redskins are done.. Rex will not cut it.

As of right now, Pat White is a Free Agent. Not too good for a guy who was going to replace RGIII. Just sayin''

Like it or not, the fact is if we get to the 3rd QB, Rex gives us a better chance than Pat White. It would seem the coaches agree and also 31 other HCs now agree. 

As of right now, Pat White is a Free Agent. Not too good for a guy who was going to replace RGIII. Just sayin''

HAIL GOSKINS10!

Who said White was going to replace RG3? I never saw anyone saying that. All I ever read is that people thought that he'd be a good option for the read option. I certainly would rather have him running than the Gross one.

HTTR!!!

Archived