Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Eagles: 4 Keys To The Game

Same thing from last year . Very first play , play action , and go deep to garcon . Just to back them safeties . Then pound morris and helu all night . On Defense tight man coverage , and a spy on vick . I want rak and kerg to go all out after vick and when he breaks containment , spy come and finish him up . Break

Redskins are the better team, but this new Chip Kelly offense with Vick at the helm does scare me. They didn't add any talent on D, so I can see this being a shoot-out type of game. My 2 keys to victory are to get a consistent pass rush and limit the big/fluke plays. We know we can put up 4 TDs, we just need to make sure they don't rip off big plays and keep the game close.

I totally agree with 3rd downs being a key to this game. It would be nice to have 3 & outs all game long, but for me getting Vick & Co. off the field on 3rd downs is a must. It really is a key to this game....the #1 key as far as I'm concerned. I've posted our stats in regards to our 3rd down troubles last season, I won't do it again, but if we pick up where we left off, then I see a Shootout happening.

HTTR!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/riley-cooper-cary-williams-reportedly-scrap-philadelphia-eagles-155338219--nfl.html This is good news , its seems that riley cooper is dividing the eagles locker room . Oh , and its more than a regular practice fight .

I heard about it on NFL channel at noon,I won't dismiss it as no big deal because Riley was in it, but man, that ain't even a fight, just grabbing facemask and pushing. I wanted to see the whole team have a brawl over it, that's what I want to see out of the Eagles. CHAOS!!!!

manchild157 : Bro its a problem for them , that's not going away . The reason i say not a regular practice fight is , because this life problems , And not football problems . Its going to hurt them .

Yeah I got you and you are right,that's not a heated fight about getting beat or somebody being too physical. It's a race thing and seems people who couldn't get by the distraction are finding it's eating at them. Right , it doesn't look like it's going away. Love to see some Eagles fighting on the sidelines during Monday's game.

Maybe not keys to the game but key questions:
1) How will we utilize rookies Reed and Thompson on offense in this first game?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Reed out there early and often. Thompson we could see on some 3rd down situations.
2) How much of the running load will Morris share with Helu?
I expect Morris to own most if not all of the first half on rushing both 1st and 2nd downs. Depending on how the game progresses and if we establish a sizable lead; Helu may start to take on many of those carries. I'm really excited about how potent this running game will be with this season. Hard to imagine being excited after ruling the NFL last year in this category. However, the different elements involved could be something special to watch again this year.
3) How much will Amerson play?
I expect with the Chip Kelly spread option, he'll be on the field often. I imagine shifting J Wilson over to slot coverage and placing Amerson on the outside.
4) How will Rambo do starting the FS spot?
It will be a great test for the rookie to play an unknown offense. I hope he can shut down the deep ball throws and contain the run. If he can do that than we are already better off at that position than last season.
It would be a true testament of the staff's ability to draft if these 4 rookies contribute.

well i will be listening to sonny cooley and larry on this one , i forgot the cable i got doesn't carry espn .

keys to the game ,well it just takes again back to that baylor/oregon game RG3 and co. beat oregon in a fast break game .

we all know what philly is going to try but no one knows what we have in mind .

last year the pistol /read option wasn't even unleashed until the first game .my question is Griffin going unleash what he did at baylor  with his version of the fast break!!!

I expect Morris to own most if not all of the first half on rushing both 1st and 2nd downs. Depending on how the game progresses and if we establish a sizable lead; Helu may start to take on many of those carries. I'm really excited about how potent this running game will be with this season. Hard to imagine being excited after ruling the NFL last year in this category. However, the different elements involved could be something special to watch again this year.

HAIL JDHAWK4SKINS!

I think that Morris will share as many snaps with Helu Jr. as RG3 will share with Cousins. Morris is the "man". Our running game will sink or swim with him. He'll have to break his leg (god forbid) in order for Helu Jr. to see any significant playing time. Also, depending on the 3rd down distance, I'd be surprised if Morris comes out. If it's 3rd & short I believe Morris stays in. If it's 3rd & long then maybe Helu Jr. comes in. It would still keep the D's guessing seeing as how Helu is basically a WR out of the backfield. Of course that's JMO.

HTTR!!!

well i will be listening to sonny cooley and larry on this one , i forgot the cable i got doesn't carry espn .

HAIL HAILYEAH1!

Dude...that blows chunks! Maybe you should upgrade your cable or perhaps go to your local sports bar, have some wings, drink some beer & watch it there. Please tell me that you have the "sunday NFL ticket". It'll get pricy if you have to go to the bar & watch all the games there.

HTTR!!!

Maybe not keys to the game but key questions:

1) How will we utilize rookies Reed and Thompson on offense in this first game?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Reed out there early and often. Thompson we could see on some 3rd down situations.

3) How much will Amerson play?

I expect with the Chip Kelly spread option, he'll be on the field often. I imagine shifting J Wilson over to slot coverage and placing Amerson on the outside.

4) How will Rambo do starting the FS spot?

It will be a great test for the rookie to play an unknown offense. I hope he can shut down the deep ball throws and contain the run. If he can do that than we are already better off at that position than last season.

It would be a true testament of the staff's ability to draft if these 4 rookies contribute.

Hail jdhawk,

yeah this game will be interesting on both sides but that fast break offense won't do philly any good  .Kellys oregon version couldn't beat RG3s baylors version  so round two same result pistol/ read option beats fast break because phillys defense cant handle it  besides who knows what our team has installed under wraps of Redskins park . i smell fast break of our own with the pistol /read option!!!" So whatcha goonna do when RG3 and the Redkins run wild over you !!!"

P.S. hey jd what happened to your avatar its looks like its blocked or deleted ,it was just RG3 in practice uniform i believe not a rule breaker .

wonder why it isn't being shown?

HAIL HAILYEAH1!

Dude...that blows chunks! Maybe you should upgrade your cable or perhaps go to your local sports bar, have some wings, drink some beer & watch it there. Please tell me that you have the "sunday NFL ticket". It'll get pricy if you have to go to the bar & watch all the games there.

HTTR!!!

hail canadianfanforlife,

the campground where i live provides cable but the package doesn't have espn.

i'm thinking about asking my next door neighbor what she has sense most everyone here have separate dishes ,trying to figure out how to afford the extra money per month .there is a sports bar a 1/2 mile down the road but i not that comfortable with that option.,know how i am and all we need is a stupid philly fan and  game on!!! 

hail canadianfanforlife,

the campground where i live provides cable but the package doesn't have espn.

i'm thinking about asking my next door neighbor what she has sense most everyone here have separate dishes ,trying to figure out how to afford the extra money per month .there is a sports bar a 1/2 mile down the road but i not that comfortable with that option.,know how i am and all we need is a stupid philly fan and  game on!!! 

I hear ya, It's not cheap that's for sure. Hopefully your neighbour is a 'skins fan...with money, LOL.

HAIL HAILYEAH1!

HTTR!!!

Well, at least you guys can watch/listen to it live. I will be at a supplier in china doing an audit. I am going to be able to listen to the first 15 to 20 min.  Root for them for me guys!!   Need to start 1-0 in the division!!   

As for how much AM will run, Shanny has been very consistent through out his career. He will go with the hot hand. Trust me, if Morris struggles early you will see Helu, Royster and/or Thomson. Then he will stay with who is playing better. AM will stay the starter, but game to game MS has shown he will go with the hot hand.

HTTR!!                                                 

Well, at least you guys can watch/listen to it live. I will be at a supplier in china doing an audit. I am going to be able to listen to the first 15 to 20 min.  Root for them for me guys!!   Need to start 1-0 in the division!!   

HTTR!!                                                 

HAIL GOSKINS10!

Buddy...I'M WATCHING IT!!! My cable has ESPN (TSN in Canada). I also subscribe to the "NFL Sunday ticket" & let me tell you....it's worth EVERY PENNY!

HTTR!!!

HAIL JDHAWK4SKINS!

I think that Morris will share as many snaps with Helu Jr. as RG3 will share with Cousins. Morris is the "man". Our running game will sink or swim with him. He'll have to break his leg (god forbid) in order for Helu Jr. to see any significant playing time. Also, depending on the 3rd down distance, I'd be surprised if Morris comes out. If it's 3rd & short I believe Morris stays in. If it's 3rd & long then maybe Helu Jr. comes in. It would still keep the D's guessing seeing as how Helu is basically a WR out of the backfield. Of course that's JMO.

HTTR!!!

Hail Canada, I do see the running game being used different from your viewpoint. However, I know Shanny will make sure AM gets enough carries to keep him in a grove. However, Shanahan's loves the running back by committee approach and with the zone read being a run first approach there will be plenty of runs to spread around. In the Eagles game I wouldn't be surprised if we have a sizable lead in the second half. If we are up by 3 touches and AM is around 20 carries I fully expect Helu and Thompson to share the bulk of the running load to kill the clock and keep that offense off the field. Now I agree that if AM has had only a dozen carries he'll still receive his share. Shanahan won't overuse or overexpose his RBs if he has other capable runners to use IMO

Hail hail, I didn't know my Avatar was being blocked for other viewers since I see it just fine from my end. Let me know if you still don't see it.

As for the game I agree that we'll out score them and I don't even think it'll be a close game by the 2nd half. The Eagles have taken on too many changes. IMO the story of the game will be how we run on that new 3/4 of theirs with ease and control the clock for a comfortable win

Hail Hail, Regarding, watching the games; I'm known to link into a few "not so legal" sites to watch games at times. However, another thing I've done in the past since I travel so much is have a friend local to the area Skype me into Terrapins games. If you have someone with a good laptop and a nice TV, skype can do the trick. Also it's nice having other fans virtually around you cheering on your team when you can't physically be there. Just a suggestion. I agree with Canada where I go to the sports bars when I can't watch it on regular TV.

My biggest concern (and i am no student of the game) is Vick. Two years ago he had a CAREER day against the Skins. He made some opposing players question if they should even be in the same league as Vick. Now I know things have changed a bit...but...he is back...just like RG3...and just like RG3 its really unknown what we will get.

Archived