Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin Iii Vs. Michael Vick, Finally

@ hoosherdaddy Vick did not kill any dogs he was charged with promoting, funding, and facilitating dog fighting. Vick has served his time and now seems to be a productive citizen to society since he gives back to the community and mentors others, which is probably alot more than you have ever thought about doing. Im a big fan of Vick and Im proud that we have RG3. HTTR

@ hoosherdaddy Vick did not kill any dogs he was charged with promoting, funding, and facilitating dog fighting. Vick has served his time and now seems to be a productive citizen to society since he gives back to the community and mentors others, which is probably alot more than you have ever thought about doing. Im a big fan of Vick and Im proud that we have RG3. HTTR

@ walt - Actually, a big part of the charges against vick was his killing and torturing dogs when they lost, and that includes drowning and electrocuting them. Having said that, as a atrocious as those actions are, I agree he paid his debt and then some. Even PETA, while working with vick for part of his sentence, said they felt he understood what he did was wrong, why it was wrong, and just how horrific it was. It's time to move on. 

Agreed Goskins...time to move on from this. I don't like Vick at all but he paid his debt to society, has nearly paid finished paying back his $20 mil. debt from bankruptcy. I just want to concentrate on kicking his ass on the field.

So, just heard about Barry CoField restructuring his contract opening $2.4 million in cap space this year. I keep thinking about Coaches cutting Pasho who was at least be our backup right tackle this year. Team that up with a suspicious move to keep Pat White on the 53 man roster. I'm really smelling a trade....who has available olineman and a need for a quarterback " Buffalo?Jets?

Agreed Goskins...time to move on from this. I don't like Vick at all but he paid his debt to society, has nearly paid finished paying back his $20 mil. debt from bankruptcy. I just want to concentrate on kicking his ass on the field.

So, just heard about Barry CoField restructuring his contract opening $2.4 million in cap space this year. I keep thinking about Coaches cutting Pasho who was at least be our backup right tackle this year. Team that up with a suspicious move to keep Pat White on the 53 man roster. I'm really smelling a trade....who has available olineman and a need for a quarterback " Buffalo?Jets?

You bring up an interesting idea. We all know that no later than after week 4 we will be down to 3 QBs on the active roster. Unless one of them go on IR, 2 of those 3 will be RGIII and Cousins. So either Rex or White will be either released or traded. I really believe that knowing they have at least 2 if not 3 roster moves to make (Carriker is on PUP, must do something after 6 weeks) they keep White and rex to see what they might get for them. they obviously feel the rest of the roster can stand the stress.

So, that's a long way of saying I agree. In terms of Barry though, keep in mind once the season starts the rule of 51 no longer applies so all salaries count against the cap, including PS players. They were about $1.3M under before the end of the preseason. If you figure 2 roster players and 8 PS players at an average of $400,000, that's about $4M. So $2.4 plus $1.X is aweful close to $4M, and we may not need that much. Just a thought.

Goskins- If I comprehend correctly what you are saying, Jenkins and R.Jackson are not on the salary status now but will be when their suspension is over. Then we need to pay the ps players which pretty much eats up all the ''preseason under the cap money'' plus the savings from Cofield's restructuring his contract. Crap, then there is no free money to sign anyone unless it's a trade for someone with the same relative money in their contract.

okay guys you all remember the baylor oregon game which was nothing but a fast break basketball style football game which baylor won.this one could be just like that one don;t think for one minute that griffin could pull that out of his hat who knows what they have been doing under raps the offense we saw could be the watered down version ,we might have a no huddle hurry up offense ready for those sheagles  to try to stop also!!!

HAIL WALTD4!

Say what you want about Vick but the fact remains he's a convicted criminal. He has a criminal record & should not be looked upon as any sort of role model. As far as I'm concerned he can kiss my Canadian arse!

HTTR!!!

I'm starting to feel that Rex will be the one traded. Not many (if any) teams would be willing to pony up draft picks for an unknown like White. At least in Rex you know what you're getting, be it good or bad.

Now, on the other hand, it may very well be White who gets traded. There are teams out there who want but can't run the read option just because they don't have the QB to do so. At least in White they get a guy who's familiar with it & can run it fairly well. It's like White would be their introduction to the read option. Teams like GB could use him to get their D more familiar with that style of O & have them better prepared on game day to stop it. I don't know....that's just my guess.

HTTR!!!

i think vick said  he liked the offense he running but he still has a cruddy oline to run it behind and defense to match , trying to stop ours !!!

they are about 3 years or so behind us ,if they they didn't know it ,they are rebuilding ,not reloading ,thinking they are contenders .

they have some pieces but didn't we destroy 'em last year!! lol!!!

I'm starting to feel that Rex will be the one traded. Not many (if any) teams would be willing to pony up draft picks for an unknown like White. At least in Rex you know what you're getting, be it good or bad.

Now, on the other hand, it may very well be White who gets traded. There are teams out there who want but can't run the read option just because they don't have the QB to do so. At least in White they get a guy who's familiar with it & can run it fairly well. It's like White would be their introduction to the read option. Teams like GB could use him to get their D more familiar with that style of O & have them better prepared on game day to stop it. I don't know....that's just my guess.

HTTR!!!

not to sound like broken record but the debate continues ,,just wondering there has been phone calls about a possible white/rex trade ,the teams that seemed to need one of them have already signed qbs so we wait to see what happens !!!

not to sound like broken record but the debate continues ,,just wondering there has been phone calls about a possible white/rex trade ,the teams that seemed to need one of them have already signed qbs so we wait to see what happens !!!

Jets signed Brady Quinn, we can take the Jets on our virtual board.lol.

Jets signed Brady Quinn, we can take the Jets on our virtual board.lol.

yeah between the jets or the cowturds which one has more circus clowns ole rex ryan and the clown car or ole gm jerry playing ringmaster check out the threads on jerry jones and Romo sits to pee in the other forums there was one with ole jerry having a 40 yr old brain and one Romo sits to pee having something special in his throwing motion, LOL!!!

Aaron Rodgers has no backup per Yahoo...

they just signed Seneca Wallace .from the nfl network

I was starting to worry. I've been on the PM shift since December & was starting to think that I was going to miss the season opener. I found out today that come Monday I'm back on days! Just in time baby!!!

HTTR!!!

yeah i'll miss about the 20 min or so i get off at 8pm from work

I was starting to worry. I've been on the PM shift since December & was starting to think that I was going to miss the season opener. I found out today that come Monday I'm back on days! Just in time baby!!!

HTTR!!!

enjoy it guys and gals!  I am in asia the next 9 days.  i should be able to catch the 1st half   it will start before 6AM local time.  I will be pushing for a late start for work!!  lol

Archived