Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tanard Jackson?

dposton

Has the league issued a decision on Tanard Jackson's reinstatement yet?  Has anyone heard if he has been compliant with the league's sanctions?

Staff edit:

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted.

8. Please use descriptive and accurate topic titles for your thread.

​(excerpt from rule 8)

So, regardless of the forum, if your thread title is simply "Santana Moss" or any other person's name and nothing else, you may find yourself in the No New Threads group. In all our forums, we expect accurate and clear descriptions of your topic in your title.

Last time he came off a full year suspension it took the league several weeks to reinstate him. This is his second full year suspension for drug use so expect it to take longer this year. Then of course we would likely get some kind of roster exemption for say 3 weeks while we work him out and see what kind of shape he is in before we have to decide if we move him onto the 53.

I personally don't think we will see him play a snap as a Redskin again but even best case if he comes back he is only going to be available for a handful of games at the end of the year.

I don't have any more info on the topic (thanks for the link MartinC), but I do have another question: if he is reinstated, do you think we should put him on the roster?

I say no.  

I'm not taking some sanctimonious posture here.  My reasoning is that IF we're trying to build a quality team with character guys, then Tanard Jackson shouldn't be on it.  Coach Shanahan should stick to his guns on this, even though its clearly a position of need.  The point here is that we want to Win the right way.  That means that you practice, prepare, & compete to the best of your ability.  And just as important, you keep your nose outta trouble.  This is an excellent opportunity to stand on principle for the sake of staying true to the core philosophy.  I don't want to watch The Redskins turn into the New England Patriots on this one.  We sure could use him, but the dude had his chance.  Happy trails.

I don't have any more info on the topic (thanks for the link MartinC), but I do have another question: if he is reinstated, do you think we should put him on the roster?

I say no.  

I'm not taking some sanctimonious posture here.  My reasoning is that IF we're trying to build a quality team with character guys, then Tanard Jackson shouldn't be on it.  Coach Shanahan should stick to his guns on this, even though its clearly a position of need.  The point here is that we want to Win the right way.  That means that you practice, prepare, & compete to the best of your ability.  And just as important, you keep your nose outta trouble.  This is an excellent opportunity to stand on principle for the sake of staying true to the core philosophy.  I don't want to watch The Redskins turn into the New England Patriots on this one.  We sure could use him, but the dude had his chance.  Happy trails.

Believe his problems were before Washington and he preformed well here for Coach Morris and has talent.

Archived