Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are a 7-9 to 9-7 end of story

du7st

That is where the Redskins will end up depending on luck and injuries, somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. It was never more obvious then being at Fedex for the game this sunday.

I don't know if its spurrier or the helton or the defensive coordinator but the bottomline is that it is quite obvious they are a poorly coached team at this stage. They are making mistakes that look like its still week 1. In the second half the Bucs time after time completed simple 5 yard out patterns to backs and tight ends and turned them into 15 yard gains because they were that wide open. Don't even give me that smoot injury excuse - this is the stuff that linebackers and safeties are responsible for. Once or twice I could see but how the coverage doesn't adjust for an entire half is beyond me.

The offensive line is putrid. They have managed to piece together the engine of a corvette, the body of a porsche, and the transmission of a jaguar and ended up with a car that runs like a volvo. It's a sick sick joke. What's even sicker is that the Skins receivers were just tearing up the Bucs in the first few series and managed to come away with what was it 3 points? Hey I see a pattern developing every week.

I probably wouldn't be quite as upset if I watched the game on tv but I had the displeasure to see it in person. People joke about how the fans at the Vet used to piss in the sinks. Well at least they could get into the bathroom - the upper level bathrooms were totally inaccessable. And thanks to the team not building enough real parking lots, I got to park in an office park then take a bus to the stadium. Meanwhile I get back after the game and can't find my car with all the buildings. Lot's of other people were wandering around looking for their cars with a stunned look on their faces as well so it obviously wasnt just me. I mean you build a stadium out in the middle of nowhere and parking is a problem? Seriously wtf did they let special ed from crank yankers design Redskins park?

This team is too dissapointing to follow closely like I have been so I think I'm gonna stay away from the board and news as much as possible and just watch the games on Sunday. Have fun all.

DU, similar threads have been started since Sunday, and I guess I've calmed down enough to this point to not try an fire back.

Basically alot of posters have tried to narrow down the skins problems down to one or two things, but honestly I think its team wide at this point. I actually feel that this team hasn't gelled (and for good reason since there are so many new pieces) quite yet. Now everyone and their mother has gone off on who's its fault....but at this point, we need to ride the wave and hope for the best.

This team has shown flashes of greatness to this point, and I hope that those flashes start occuring for a full game every game. I do feel that we are a decent team that is close. This team has shown heart and proficent play at some point in every game, unfortunately, it hasn't been for an entire game. Whether that changes on Sunday is out of my control.....I do hope however that this team finds itself very soon......because there is no question that if this team plays to its potential.......we can be as dangerous as any team out there.

Quote: "I think I'm gonna stay away from the board and news as much as possible and just watch the games on Sunday."

I might not be one to talk, considering that I've recently joined the board, but it appears as if you don't make it a priority anyways to come on the board judging by your post stats.

"I probably wouldn't be quite as upset if I watched the game on tv but I had the displeasure to see it in person. People joke about how the fans at the Vet used to piss in the sinks. Well at least they could get into the bathroom - the upper level bathrooms were totally inaccessable. And thanks to the team not building enough real parking lots, I got to park in an office park then take a bus to the stadium. Meanwhile I get back after the game and can't find my car with all the buildings"

You know, comments like this make me wanna throw up. You don't know how good you got it having the opportunity to watch a Redskins home game in person. If you don't want your ticket, give it to somebody who might appreciate it then. As far as I'm concerned, you're just taking up valuable stadium space. I'm from Canada, and at this point in my life I just don't have the resources yet to get to a Skins home game......however, someday it will happen, I promise you that. Its been a dream of mine to get down to DC for a home game someday, so comments like yours make me sick to say the least.

Ok...two observations about your post.

1.) We had our @sses handed to us in the last 2 and a half quarters by a super bowl team coming off an embarrassing loss to the Colts a week before (keep in mind, we had their number in the first half). Now, I'm not one to make excuses and I believe in "any given Sunday". However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know an experienced coach like Gruden, figured out our weaknesses and made the adjustments (I mean, the guy sleeps in his office most of the time and only gets about 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day).

Our schedule gets easier soon. I see how we can go 10-6 or 9-7. Anything below 9-7, I'll be surprised.

2.) You complain about conditions at FedEx, while a lot of us have never even been to a 'Skins game. What's the deal? Do you wake up on the wrong side of the bed every morning? Why not just go to the game and feel blessed that, as a 'Skins fan, you find yourself enveloped in the exciting atmosphere along with thousands upon thousands of other Redskin fans.

If you have more tickets, I'll be more than happy to PM my address to you, so that you can mail them to me. I'd be more than happy to walk a mile from a parking lot and wait in line an hour to take a leak. ;)

1) I don't post extremely frequently but that doesnt mean I don't visit the site often (since early summer its been pretty much a daily basis). Sorry I don't have hours to sit and write up thoughtful responses each day bro. There are so many active members that usually someone has already posted something I would say anyway so no point in being repetitive.

2) I paid my own hard earned money to go to my first redskins game at FedEx field (seen Eagles-Skins at the Vet twice). I drove home from school (4 hours) drove from NJ to the stadium (4 hours) back to nj (4 hours) then back to school (4 hours) to attend this game. If I want to complain about not being able to go to the goddam bathroom, well this is America and I fricken will. The Redskins are the richest team in the NFL with the highest ticket prices and one of the newest stadiums. Standards should be set very high to cater to the fan and I feel that they quite frankly stunk.

you definately have a right to go to the bathroom man.......I wouldn't want you to piss your pants. I'm not trying to create hostilities here du7st, all I'm saying is don't make watching a live skins game sound like the worst experience on the face of the earth. That's the impression I got and why I said what I said.

Originally posted by du7st

1) I don't post extremely frequently but that doesnt mean I don't visit the site often (since early summer its been pretty much a daily basis). Sorry I don't have hours to sit and write up thoughtful responses each day bro. There are so many active members that usually someone has already posted something I would say anyway so no point in being repetitive.

2) I paid my own hard earned money to go to my first redskins game at FedEx field (seen Eagles-Skins at the Vet twice). I drove home from school (4 hours) drove from NJ to the stadium (4 hours) back to nj (4 hours) then back to school (4 hours) to attend this game. If I want to complain about not being able to go to the goddam bathroom, well this is America and I fricken will. The Redskins are the richest team in the NFL with the highest ticket prices and one of the newest stadiums. Standards should be set very high to cater to the fan and I feel that they quite frankly stunk.

I went to my first 2 games this season. FedEx is an incredible facility. Parking is definitely an issue, but beyond that, I can't believe you are complaining? There are more bathrooms at FedEx than any other stadium I've ever been to. There are more food, beer, and souvenir vendors at FedEx than any other stadium I've been to. I drove farther than you for both games. Have you ever been to a major sporting event or concert before? There is no facility on Earth that will allow 80,000 people to urinate simultaneously. Even at halftime, it only takes a few minutes to get your turn.

Seriously, I understand your frustration with the team/game. Perhaps thats coloring your assessment? We're all frustrated on that front. But I think you are way off base regarding the stadium (again, except for stadium parking)...suggestion....next time, spring for a green parking pass...its worth a few extra bucks.

An alternative view from my first game:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33694&highlight=I+am+humbled

I am sorry that du7st had such a bad experience at FedEx. I was in the upper deck (Sec. 432) and I had no problem getting into out of or using the bathrooms anytime during the game. And I had some beer needing to be recycled!

Bathrooms are far superior to old DC Stadium.

No problem parking either. Again, far superior to DC Stadium. My only complaint is that it does not hold the crowd noise as well, so it is not as loud and intimidating.

I have four tickets (2 are mine and 2 are my dad's), but if you want to get rid of your's let me know!

:pint:

I'm pretty sure, :pint: that I had a good time there. :pint: And I know I found the bathrooms pretty easy. :pint: :pint: :pint: Driving wasn't a problem or parking. I mean, considering who drove and all. ;):silly: Hell, it was the Giants game and I still had a good time watching. All the way up where they hand out kleenix with the seats. :)

:cheers:

Er. does this mean we're still going 7-9 or 9-7?

i've said my piece about a deteriorating defense elsewhere....but as far as the offense goes......even with the penalties....it's not even close to the way it was with banks et al. remember how we couldn't even get a play off without taking a time out? how we had no downfield passing game? how breaking 21 points was a godsend? even with our current problems we are light years ahead. and, I do have this irrational inclination that things are going to get better. 6th offense with all the mistakes? just wait....

now....defense is another matter....but we can thank the FO for this......

why is it so difficult for people to admit what they see?

the defense is challenged up front to be competitive and it is causing other players to try and make the superhuman plays to help win.

this in turn causes blown assignments and risks taken that veteran quarterbacks are going to call us on.

on offense, the problem is not talent but fit to the scheme. the fact is that the 11 players we have starting do not crisply execute this offense.

whether it is knowlege of the system, how it is employed, or just revulsion on the part of the OL to the system, who can know from the outside looking in?

but you can't hide the results. the bottom line is the offense has been less able the past 3 weeks to get big plays to counterbalance the mistakes and penalties.

some of that is the quality of the opposition, part of it is Ramsey hitting a wall of sorts after the 356 yard day in Atlanta.

Archived