Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haloti Ngata's thoughts on RG3 and the Redskins

storretti

I have a friend that grew up with Haloti Ngata and talks to him occasionally.  I know, this can't be trustworthy, he has a friend that knows Ngata.  Take it as it is but some of the things he told me that Ngata told him I thought was interesting. 

I told my friend the day after Ngata devestated RG3's knee, I told him to tell Ngata that I did not appreciate that.  Ofcourse, I would never tell Ngata that because he scares me.  But finally, my friend finally got a chance to talk to Ngata and this is what he told me.

Ngata said that RG3 is suprisingly sturdy.  He thought he would be easy to take down, but he wasn't as easy to bring down as he thought he would be.  Also, he said that RG3 is one quick dude, ofcourse we heard this from many other people.  Another thing that was interesting to me was that the Ravens mostly game planned for RG3, he was the only thing they were worried about.  They were watching tape on RG3 all the way back to Baylor.  One thing that was funny to me atleast was the Ngata said that the right guard is sorry.  I asked him if he meant the right tackle, but he said the right guard.  I wonder if Ngata meant the right tackle and that my friend just missed hear him or something.

I know its been a long time since I've posted here and I won't blame people if they don't believe me, but I do trust my friend.  In fact Ngata was happy to talk about the Redskins, because he was getting tired of talking about the Super Bowl and wanted to talk about anything else.

Huh, I did not know that. Maybe he did mean right guard. He did say that if the Skins don't get that fixed, RG3 will be killed. He said the whole NFL now knows that that side is weak and that they will be coming after RG3 from that side.

Neat.  I mean I don't blame him, but sorry, I'll forever resent Ngata.  Just cause it was his name on the jersey that was at that spot at that time in history.  I really really really believe a freaking superbowl would have been a possibility, with the ONLY concern being that maybe RG3 doesn't lead a game tying (with 2pt conversion) drive in that game.  It was pretty unique, crazy circumstances with Cousins and that probably helped. 

It literally took a knee injury to stop the guy, otherwise, everyone was losing hard to him no matter what was schemed, again, at that point in history.  That **** wasn't going to change before February.  Nobody, not Seattle, not New England, not Peyton, not Rodgers, not nobody was going to win a game against the Redskins after Thanksgiving.  Unless they could badly outscore us (defense better late, but still suspect), there was 0 answer for the offense.  In a way I think has never been seen.  A combination of skill/scheme/surprise that there just ISN'T an answer for.  

Such a rare opportunity, smashed away in an instant, in the late 4th quarter vs the Ravens.  The root of it all, the coach/qb controversy, the seattle game, the preseason nonsense, all of it.  Hiloti freakin' Ngata.  Not only could it have been a superbowl, but the first, and probably only ever, superbowl won by a rookie, not to mention rookie RB.  I mean that's an extremely crazy one-in-a-billion thing that I really think was possible.  That opportunity will likely never present itself again.  

So tell your friend, thanks Ngata, for being so athletic while being a refrigerator.  Dick.   ;)

I think he meant RT, because RG is Chris Chester and he would know who chester is because he use to play for the ravens. you wouldn't say RG if you know the guys name already I would assume? So maybe he meant polumbus and if he did mean polumbus I think he'll be shocked to know the whole fan base agrees. lmao

Dirt...in hindsight the outcome of the Raven game was meaningless. So, your assessment that we had a shot at a Super Bowl with a healthy Griffin is still 100% in tact.

Even if you assume that we DON'T come back in that game with Griffin staying in (I tend to agree that the frenetic ending probably helped us tie it up), if the rest of the results stay the same (Cleveland, Philly, and Dallas) we win the East with a 9-7 record.

Archived