Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Redskins Beat (or Non-Beat) Writer

Dub70s

Best Redskins News Writer  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you identify as the best writer of Redskins info?

• Dan Graziano - Dan Graziano
    • Jason Reid - Washington Post
    • Don Banks - Sports Illustrated
    • Mark Maske - Washington Post
    • Dan Steinberg - Washington Post
    • Peter King - Sports Illustrated
    • John Keim - Washington Post/Times (RIP)
    • Brad Gagnon - Bleacher Report
    • Gregg Rosenthal - NFL.com
    • Adam Schefter - ESPN
    • None of the listed.....then you tell us!!!!
    • Rich Campbell - Washington Times (RIP)

John Keim is the best, followed by Rich Tandler, who you don't seem to have listed, and Rich Campbell

I remember when Grant Paulsen who was 15 or 16 at the time had his first article published at the Fredericksburg Free Lance Star, I thought then he would be very good.

I kind of like Tandler and his not even on the list.  I happen to click on his links and read his stuff off of twitter a lot. There are lot of others like G. Paulsen, Campbell Keim and company but cant forget Tandler.   He was the second skins writer I ever followed and been reading his stuff ever since 

Who the hell voted for Graziano? He's no Redskins beat reporter. He just reads Keim, Tandler, Jones, etc. and reports what they saw. He may show up one day for training camp.

Now I like Graziano and think he is much better than the guy who used to write that blog before him. But he is NOT a Redskins beat reporter.

And OP, how could you leave off Rich Tandler, Rick Snider, Mike Jones and Chris Russel or Tarik El-Bashir or Dave Elfin? I could even add Zac Boyer over some of the other names on the list. They ARE Redskins beat reporters.

My ranking:

1. John Keim (no one is even close)
  2. Rich Campbell
  3. Rich Tandler (moving up fast on the outside; Big improvement over the past year)
  4. Rick Snider (for all the history and great stories he has)
  5. Chris Russell (used to be a turkey; but has improved more than anyone in the past year)

I mean, it's Keim, hands down. Though, isn't he now at ESPN?

Even if you toss in all of the beat guys, radio, TV, local, national, etc. It's Keim. And it's Keim by a mile.

The proof is that ESPN could have gone after anybody for this role, and they generally go after the best reports.  They go after the windbag former players, but when it comes to reporters, they go after the best. In general.

John will be the Redskins Insider for ESPN. Still on the Redskins beat. But I bet he goes national in a couple years. Too talented.

Archived