Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WaPo: Man swims 5 hours in Chesapeake Bay to save family

Elessar78

After family capsizes in Chesapeake Bay, brother swims 5 hours to get help (link here)

The family had been in the water a while, clinging to the overturned boat called the Bathtub. The children were cold and crying. The waves were rough, and the mess of croaker they had caught had gone to the bottom, along with their cellphones.

Suddenly, they spotted a northbound barge a couple of hundred yards away. The adults boosted a 9-year-old onto the hull of the upturned boat and had her wave her hands. But the barge didn’t see them, and it glided way into the distance.

Now that family can actally try to justify having Christmas lights still up in July.

I realized from your post that this story could've turned out radically different had those lights been on a timer and cut out, like around 10 PM. Then, possibly, that swimmer would've been in total darkness. 

“When it really got to the desperate hour, I asked her . . . ‘Do you want me to try and make a swim?’ ” he recalled. “And she said, ‘No, but yeah.’ ”

women :rolleyes: , even then ya can't get a simple answer

“When it really got to the desperate hour, I asked her . . . ‘Do you want me to try and make a swim?’ ” he recalled. “And she said, ‘No, but yeah.’ ”

women :rolleyes: , even then ya can't get a simple answer

Hahaha. 

A real man woulda just kissed her and the kids good bye and swam off. He also had an inordinate attachment to his shoes.  hmmm. 

Archived