Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cigars

USS Redskins

Anyone like to smoke cigars?

I have always liked stogies and would have a Backwoods every once in a while but recently I have really taken a liking to them. The weather has been so nice, its great to just sit outside on the porch, listen to the Reds or Nationals and enjoy a smoke with a glass of Beam.

I have never really spent much on cigars - just a few bucks but a friend told me to try out Oliva's. $5.25 per cigar - and damn they were fine!

I am pretty much a novice and would love to try a few different brands out... any recommendations?

I dont have a big budget... any really good cigars at reasonable prices?

Not a cigar expert in any way but here are a few brands I have enjoyed:

La Flor Dominicana

Ashton VSG (Virgin Sun Grown...might be expensive I had it as a gift)

AVO

Acid

Rocky Patel

There is of course the two most easily found brands and both have decent offerings

Romeo and Julieta

Montecristo

Buy your cigars online...best prices by far. Cigars International has some great sticks at great prices and deliver really fast. Check them out. It's a slippery slope, so be warned!

I have been smoking pretty seriously for the past few years and all I can say is try as many as you can to figure out what you like. Each person will have different tastes and what not.

Also check out cigarobsession.com he has some great reviews on tons of sticks.

Buy your cigars online...best prices by far. Cigars International has some great sticks at great prices and deliver really fast. Check them out. It's a slippery slope, so be warned!

I have been smoking pretty seriously for the past few years and all I can say is try as many as you can to figure out what you like. Each person will have different tastes and what not.

Also check out cigarobsession.com he has some great reviews on tons of sticks.

Cigars international is definitely your best bet.  That place has a great selection and prices.

• 4 months later...

This was Cigar Aficionado's 2012 "Cigar of the Year"

yfe7.jpg

Flor de las Antillas

antillascigar-1.jpg http://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2012/rank/1

You can buy singles for $6 dollars something, perhaps it's $7.00, from Cigar.com. I purchased a box of 20 of the Toro and a handful of singles of the Robusto.

Website Here: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1275

Also purchased a box of the "My Father"

same purveyors: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=681

unuz.jpg

Cigar.com ship from Bethlehem PA. My order arrived the following day after placement, very fast (450+ miles distance). The box was totally sealed, authenticated IDs. The singles come in a separate bag with a boveda bag humidificator. This is a review of Cigar.com from Cigar Inspector.

Sitting in the humidor right now:

ptwr.jpg

For international orders, there seem to be only a few that get universal acclaim, while many are suspect.

Archived