Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barry Cofield to SOW "Our confidence in Coach Shanahan is at an all-time high and our mindset is in a great place."

rd421

They have to feel like they're "winning" or overcoming obstacles right now the way they keep overcoming this salary cap obstacle. Not in a building a dream team type of way, but keeping a very good team together when everybody thought they would split up. Add that to the winning mentality from last season, and they might go into next season feeling unstoppable. It all starts with a winning mentality.

Thanks, great interview rd, again, and that's saying something. The consistency is credible. And thanks for Barry being as open honest as he was.

Thanks everyone glad you like it. Barry was unbelievably forthcoming which always helps make the interview go better.

It really is hard to not get excited for the season when you hear players like him rant and rave about how much they think of the organization. To me it is pretty clear that the culture Mike Shanahan has built here is pretty special.

Holy **** balls we are going to kick a lot of ass this season! I ****ing love this team!

You feel that youngins'? That feeling that you're going to beat up on every other team? Yeah, get use to it. It's how things use to be.

KB that just made my day, man, hahaha. You always have a way of putting things that are very true with a hint of humor and "**** that guy" at the same time.

And this is very true as well. I can remember being a kid under Gibbs I and I would totally cry like a baby whenever we lost. And I didn't cry that often.

---------- Post added April-5th-2013 at 09:12 AM ----------

Haha, typical Joey T. Talks and talks and talks. He never met a question he didn't love to answer. I don't think I've ever read answers that long. Ya gotta love the guy though. He bleeds B & G.

Agreed 100%. You have got to love Joey T. As annoying and rah-rah as he can be (comparing Beck to Brees immediately comes to mind) he LOVES this team and rarely picks us to lose while working on ESPN or NFL Network.

Haha, typical Joey T. Talks and talks and talks. He never met a question he didn't love to answer. I don't think I've ever read answers that long. Ya gotta love the guy though. He bleeds B & G.

It was hard to listen to him calling games sometimes, wasn't it? lol...I can't count the number of times I yelled at the tv, "STFU!!!!"

But he's my all-time fave, only autographed card I own (so far). He always deserves a "HAIL!"

It was hard to listen to him calling games sometimes, wasn't it? lol...I can't count the number of times I yelled at the tv, "STFU!!!!"

But he's my all-time fave, only autographed card I own (so far). He always deserves a "HAIL!"

I'm one of the few that liked his broadcasting. Sure, he liked to talk alot and he could have tried to not comment on every little thing, but as passionate as he is, I guess he couldn't help himself. One thing is, he's very smart about the game of football and I don't think he gets enough credit for that. He was not the best athlete or had the best skills, but the man knew the game as well as the best of them and still does.

I was a broadcasting major in college, but I didn't make it. I don't think he's any worse than some of them out there. Madden's act grew old at the end and I actually started to hate the guy. Paul McGuire used to do the SNF on ESPN with Joe and I grew tired of his "watch this." schtick. I think of Joe would be a little more un-biased in his telecasts, I think people could appreciate him more, but he tends to get too wordy with his analysis.

I think of Joe would be a little more un-biased in his telecasts, I think people could appreciate him more, but he tends to get too wordy with his analysis.

I'm one of the few peopled who LOVED the old Sunday Night Football on ESPN with Patrick, McGuire and Theisman.

Back in those days, SNF was kind of an afterthought. It was on cable, and it was usually a lesser matchup than Monday Night Football on ABC.

As such, that broadcasting crew was a lot more loose and fun than the other groups. They just seemed to not take the game, or themselves, too seriously. Not a ton of high drama or hard core analysis. More like just kicking back and watching a game with three buds.

Anyhoo, yeah, Joey T is an over the top homer, but bless him, he's one of us.

Archived